The next meeting of the new Cybersecurity Committee will be Thursday August 24, 2017 at 9:00am.
Click here to view the Committee Page, which includes minutes from the previous meeting.
Gregg Garrett, Head of International Cybersecurity BDO, Inc., will lead a discussion on the pain points of compliance and John Riggi, former FBI Senior Executive – Cyber Crimes & Investigations, Head of Cybersecurity and Financial Crimes Unit BDO, Inc. will provide some personal insights.
This will be a conversational (non-technical) discussion to answer questions such as:
- How can government contractors accurately and cost-effectively assess their company’s cybersecurity compliance to the NIST SP 800-171 guidelines?
- What actions do U.S. Government Contracting Officers plan to take if government contractors are deemed not fully compliant with the DFARS 252.204-7012 requirement, for NIST SP 800-171 guidelines, after the December 31, 2017 deadline?
- How should government contractors pay for this additional cybersecurity compliance expense?
- Do government contractors have to purchase cybersecurity liability insurance?
- Will government prime contractors be held contractually responsible and financially liable for potential cybersecurity related damages caused by their subcontractors/third-parties for failure to comply with NIST SP 800-171 information system security guidelines?
- How can government contractors staff and retain high quality cybersecurity talent to meet the increasing government information security compliance standards in a highly competitive market with a global shortage of cybersecurity professionals?
The Cybersecurity Committee has been established to assist VSRA Members in navigating the new federal requirement in effect January 1, 2018: DFARS 252.204.7012 Safeguarding CDI and Cyber Incident Reporting.
The meeting is at the VSRA OFFICE: 150 Boush Street, Suite 802, Norfolk, Virginia. Convenient parking is available in the Boush Street Garage or the W Plume Street Garage. Please bring your parking stubs with you to be validated. Should you have any questions about this meeting, please contact Barbara Washer at (757) 233-7034. Should you have any questions about the committee, please contact Tracy Gregorio at firstname.lastname@example.org.