750 W. Berkley Avenue
Norfolk, VA 23523
The candidate will be responsible for conducting moderate to complex procurement actions for various government programs in accordance with the prime contracts, FAR, DFAR, company policies and CPSR requirements. The individual should be able to analyze purchase orders; initiate RFQs/RFPs; review bids; select vendors; negotiate terms, conditions, and pricing of materials or services to be procured and issue/manage subsequent purchase orders utilizing Costpoint. Candidate must be able to manage a team of buyers and support staff as well as work independently on professional assignments using judgment and creativity in solving problems while providing recommendations to management on possible solutions.
• Review and update procedures.
• Conducts negotiations with suppliers to obtain products at the best quantity and cost in order to ensure end-users needs are met; negotiates delivery, terms and conditions, and pricing. Be able to identify future procurement opportunities to further procurement strategies.
• Coordinates with accounts payable to resolve any problems in order to ensure prompt payment and avoid delays to end user; coordinates with receiving departments to resolve receipt problems promptly so as to not cause any delay to end users.
• Solicits suppliers/vendors for materials/products/services through formal Requests for Services (FRS) and/or Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and informal channels. Conducts complex negotiations on terms favorable considering quality, delivery, and prices; receives and evaluates proposals, quotations, and bids for acquisitions.
• Plans and coordinates the procurement of materials, products/services and equipment necessary for the operation of the business unit or assigned projects. Recommends changes to existing standards; ensures suppliers/vendor's adherence to industry standards, technical quality standards, and other corporate/business unit driven expectations.
• Analyzes bids for specification compliance, prices, delivery commitments and past performance. Recommends revisions or process improvements to meet company needs.
• Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
Please refer to the Hiring Company website for additional information on this category.