G2 Ops, Inc
2700 Avenger Dr, Ste 103
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
• Responsible for management and accomplishment of tasks for designated systems and equipment as specified in individual statements of work.
• Plans, estimates, and executes tasking within established budgets and provides administrative control.
• Coordinates the scheduling of outside services such as cranes and gas free testing.
• Independently plans and accomplishes complete projects or studies of broad scope and complexity.
• Serves as an expert in particular engineering or technical field.
• Assignments usually require considerable creativity and judgment to devise approaches to accomplish work, resolve design and operational problems.
• Makes decisions in situations where standard engineering methods and procedures may not be applicable and ensures that all completed work is reviewed for compliance with the overall project objectives.
• Prepares designs and specifications for various complex equipment or systems.
• Plans approach to solve design problems.
• Conceives and recommends new compatibility of design with other parts of the system.
• Prepares and coordinates test set up procedures and experiments to prove or disprove the feasibility of preliminary design.
• Responsible for conducting mechanical/electrical/electronic quality assurance on work-in-progress and competed tasks to verify conformance to operational and performance criteria.
• Evaluates and corrects technical problems and installs and tests engineering changes.
• Provides daily status report detailing Project status and scheduling updates to Program Manager.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Computer literacy, including use of word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
• Minimum of 10+ years of demonstrated ability and knowledge of the principles of electricity, electronics, shipboard and/or shore installations and shop supervision.
• Minimum of 6 years experience in management, supervisory, and leadership.
• Associates Degree in Communications or Electrical/Electronic Engineering
• Graduation from a Technical School or from a Military Technical Class A or B school plus 10 years electronic installation experience may be substituted for degree.
Category: Marine Electrician
See job description below
$16.50-18.50 / hour, depending upon experience
High school diploma or GED. TEchnical or post-secondary electrician's degree and license.
Must have current Connector certification card in accordance with DOD-STD-203-5 and NAVSEA 0967-LP-000-0110