VSRA's January General Membership Luncheon featured several presentations recognizing excellence across the Membership, including the 2015 Annual Safety Suggestion Award Winner, outgoing Communications Committee leadership team, and VSRA's best-in-the-nation instructor team.
2015 Annual Safety Suggestion Award Winner
Clifton Edwards of Newport News Shipbuilding accepted the 2015 Annual Safety Suggestion Award and a check for $1,000 on behalf of Team X43 of HII-NNS. The team designed an ergo-mover to transport heavy components through passageways aboard ships. It is capable of moving up to 250-pound components across the decks and over doorway coamings without lifting the object from the platform. It also features several integrated safety features to secure the ergo-move while shifting the load from one platform to another.
Outgoing Communications Committee Leadership
Kiki Carleton of Williams Mullen and Marcus Boggs of Wells Fargo were recognized for their excellent leadership of the VSRA Communications Committee over the past year and a half. Under their guidance, the Committee designed a complete overhaul of the VSRA Monthly Newsletter, re-branding it as The Eight O'Clock Report and launching a sleek new user-friendly style featuring phenomenal articles from guest writers around the industry. Their hard work, passion, and dedication were a vital factor in re-focusing and re-energizing the Communications Committee, and are greatly appreciated.
Training Instructor Recognition
VSRA's Training Course Instructors were recognized for excellence at the most recent General Membership Luncheon by VSRA Board Chairman Dave Thomas and VSRA President Bill Crow. The Association features many exemplary Training Courses, and touts among its accomplishments the highest pass percentage in the nation for NAVSEA Basic Paint Inspector certifications.
Recognized instructors included:
- Charlie Ayres – NBPI Certification Instructor
- Earl Bowry – NBPI Certification Instructor
- Dennis Brown – NBPI Certification & Prep Instructor
- Charlie Cherry – NBPI Certification & Prep Instructor
- Bob Cook – NBPI Certification Instructor
- James Graham – OSHA 10 Hour Instructor
- Chris Murray – NAVSEA Cableway, Emergency First Response (EFR) Certification & EFR Refresher Instructor
- Terry New – NBPI Certification, NBPI Prep & OSHA 10 Hour Instructor
- John Pawlin – OSHA 10 Hour Instructor
- Stephen Robertson – Blueprint Reading & Technical Drawing Instructor
- Leon Stocks – Standard Items & OSHA 10 Hour Instructor
- Dontrae Walls – NBPI Certification Instructor
- Whitney Weireter – OSHA 10 Hour Instructor
« Return to Newsletter