IFPC – Norfolk, VA
International Flooring and Protective Coatings (IFPC) is looking for an experienced Marine Electrician. Position will entail assembling, installing, testing and maintaining electrical wiring and equipment, as well as inspecting electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects or necessary repairs. Shipboard or Shipyard experience is preferred.
• Minimum of four years verifiable work experience in the Marine Industry
• Experience with 440v shore power
• Valid Driver’s License
• Meet Federal Background Standards
• High School/ GED
Compensation is based on experience and skill level. Please present certification(s), if applicable, when submitting your resume for review. You can also view the employment section of our website for this or more opportunities at www.internationalflooring.com.
Category: Marine Electrician
NOTE: The following description is a GENERAL Overview of this career and not a description of a particular job posting.
Marine Electricians are typically responsible for assembling, installing, testing, and maintaining electrical wiring and equipment, as well as inspecting electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, or necessary repairs. Marine Electricians may also prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring or equipment while ensuring compliance with safety codes
Typically a High school diploma or GED is required, along with technical or post-secondary electrician's degree and license.
Typically, employers require:
- Minimum of five years verifiable work experience in the ship repair industry
- Basic trade specific knowledge, such as n understanding of power tools and their usage
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in the testing and repair of electrical components
- Reliability and dependability
- Ability to obtain a security clearance