FSG Master Tradesperson 2 (Tool Maintenance)
HII FLEET SUPPORT GROUP (0480)
External Job Description
This a hands on working position will primarily work out of our Woodlake Fabrication Shop location in Chesapeake, VA but will also travel locally to shipyards and military bases supporting the Marine Services Operation in fabrication and fleet modernization. Position reports directly to the fabrication shop supervisor and fabrication manager. Working extended weekend and/or evening hours to complete task to meet deadline may be required occasionally, as fabrication shop handles a high volume of work with short or last minute deadlines.
Duties will consist of but not be limited to:
• Working in tool room making minor repairs.
• Organization, safety checks and up keep of inventory.
• Issue items to work force.
• Tracking, shipping/receiving and handling of materials
• Making small deliveries/pickups of supplies when needed.
• Assist in the fabrication shop as needed
Position Specifics: Candidate must have the following experience to qualify for this position.
• Must be able to track materials, delivery requests and related records
• Ability to work independent and keep areas organized and clean.
• Must have data entry experience; this is for updating and maintaining databases with tool inventory, condition requirements, electrical safety checks and issue/return tracking of items
• Must have basic knowledge of Electrical Safety Checks, minor repair of tools and small equipment as required
• Must have basic knowledge of consumables to include inventory, tracking, issuing and restocking
• Good driving record and current license required
Installs, operates, maintains, repairs and modifies equipment. Performs a variety of maintenance and technical support on products such as equipment, integrated systems and subsystems, and software at customer and/or field locations. Analyzes and evaluates products and related performance. Troubleshoots and diagnoses malfunctions to eliminate problem in minimum time. Installs, upgrades and removes products ensuring coordinative engineering field change. Maintains effective customer communications and relations. May provide onsite training of customer support personnel. Applies understanding of production and processes to assignments. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. May assist in the development and use technical documents including controlled work packages, formal work processes and procedures, test documents, reports and task or trip reports. Performs duties outside of specialty in order to complete installation or work assignment.
Must be able to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes. The exact weight requirements will be determined by the specific job, but no less than 30 lbs. Able to work on and climb ladders, work in extreme temperature environments, aboard ships, in shipyards, under industrial conditions and in confined spaces. Able to perform other duties as required which may involve high heat, humidity, noise and dirty conditions, working aloft or over the sides of vessels. May ride ships at sea for extended periods. May require wearing a respirator. Travel may be required within and outside of the continental United States.
115 - FSG MMTS Busn Unit - 11500 - Marine Services Ops
US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
High School Diploma/GED
HS education or Trade School + 2 years of related experience. Prefer technical/professional certifications. Must provide own hand tools as designated per trades specialty.
• Direct experience with mechanical applications on industrial equipment is preferred.
• Basic knowledge of and experience using material handling equipment such as forklift, pallet jacks and carts is a plus
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Mission Driven Innovative Solutions, Nuclear & Environmental, and Oil & Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs more than 40,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled Welcome. U.S. citizenship required for most positions.