Steel America (division of Colonna's Shipyard) is currently hiring Inside Machinists (1st and 2nd shift) for immediate work in Norfolk, VA.
• Must be able to read and comprehend blueprints, drawings and other technical trade related documents.
• Mechanical ability, manual dexterity, and hand/eye coordination required to perform various projects, per drawings, sketches, and verbal or written instructions
• Skilled in the selection, set-up and operation of the appropriate machine tool(s) for a given type of work.
• Manual machine operation experience
• In-Place machinists experience preferred
• Technical training preferred
• Experience operating precision machine tools
• Willingness to travel
• Use of precision measuring equipment.
• Must be able to work effectively with others
• Must be a steady, reliable worker
• Must have own machine tools
Our core values respect, pride, truth and family - are not just words, they are the guidelines that make us a leader in our industry. And our skilled employees are among the most respected experts in our industry. You could be the next among us.
Please apply with resume for immediate consideration.
Category: Inside Machinist