BAE Systems Norfolk Ship Repair is hiring a Craft Supervisor in the Welding Shop. The applicant will be responsible for overseeing Welders (regular and temporary employees), assigning work on multiple assignments during a workday and monitoring progress onboard vessels.
The selected candidate will provide technical assistance and oversee the workforce in the Welding Shop. Ensure that appropriate actions are taken to support the timely and cost effective completion of assigned tasks. Oversee the Welding Shop supervision involved in all phases of project performance, personnel related functions including the hiring and supervision of union employees, force reductions, promotions and demotions. Ensure compliance/enforcement of company policies, procedures and the requirements of the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
Some of the key Craft Supervisor duties and responsibilities include:
· Ensuring that the Shop is pursuing Company goals for Safety, Quality and Productivity.
· Developing and/or reviewing project schedules and budgets during the planning phase.
· Allocating personnel and resources to efficiently support all contracts (including shift work).
· Overseeing and monitoring schedule performance, including review of ongoing and upcoming projects, investigation of late activities, project supervision, and the development of practical solutions.
· Monitoring and evaluating project budget performance, including review of ongoing and upcoming projects, development of productivity enhancements and investigation of over-budget items.
· Monitoring productivity across all shifts, including the amount and type of work assigned as well as the quality and quantity of work accomplished.
· Performing personnel related functions including, but not limited to, the supervision of employees, performance management, workforce reductions, promotions, demotion sand discipline.
· Ensuring that employees understand and adhere to Company policies.
· Training and motivating employees in the areas of technical knowledge, safety, environmental and communication.
· Ensuring that requirements of the labor agreement are satisfied.