VSRA's Safety Committee is always looking for new Safety Suggestion ideas. Please review below to see if your idea meets the criteria.
2016 SAFETY SUGGESTION AWARD PROGRAM
(QUARTERLY AND YEAR ENDING CASH AWARDS)
PURPOSE: VSRA’s Safety Suggestion Award Program allows employees of VSRA member companies to be recognized for safety ideas. These safety ideas will improve or will have improved safety conditions and awareness in the workplace or added some other value to the company’s safety and health program. These safety ideas become useful safety suggestions that other VSRA member companies can use to improve safety in their work environment.
- Safety Suggestion must be an idea to improve safety conditions in your work area.
- Safety Suggestion cannot:
- Be a common practice in the industry.
- Be an established OSHA requirement or procedure.
- Violate an OSHA rule or regulation.
- No limit on the number of Safety Suggestions that may be submitted by VSRA member companies, in a given quarter(s).
JUDGING: Safety Suggestions submitted for the quarter will be reviewed and approved by VSRA’s Safety Suggestion Sub-Committee, to determine if they meet the above criteria. The Sub-Committee will bring the approved safety suggestions before VSRA’s Safety Committee for selection of a winner, which is done by voting. VSRA’s Safety Suggestion Sub-Committee will notify the winner on the day of the vote and validate winner’s notification letter.
- Quarterly winners will be honored at the appropriate VSRA General Membership Meetings in April, July, October, and December and will receive a $500 award prize.
- An annual winner will be selected from the four quarterly winners—“best of the quarterly winners”. The annual winner will be honored at VSRA’s General Membership Meeting in December and will receive a $1000 award prize.
- Winner(s) may be asked to briefly discuss their safety suggestion at the quarterly and annual VSRA General Membership Meetings.
- NEW! Nominator Award - the nominator of the quarterly winner will be awarded $100 and the nominator of the annual winner will be awarded $400.
DEADLINE FOR ENTRY: All safety suggestions must be turned in by April 1st, July 1st, October 1st, and December 1st of each year. Entry must include: 1) a contact person, 2) a phone number, and 3) employer’s company name.
MAINTENANCE: Winning Safety Suggestions will be submitted to VSRA Office to be maintained in a permanent file and available for use by VSRA member companies; and they will be posted on VSRA’s website….www.VirginiaShipRepair.org.
HOW DO I SUBMIT A SAFETY SUGGESTION? Your Safety Suggestion can be mailed-in, faxed-in, or electronically sent via e-mail. Support items such as pictures, sketches, or display items are encouraged with your safety suggestion and consideration must be given to how to get these items to the individual below. You may call if additional information is needed.
Mail, Fax, or E-mail your Safety Suggestions to:
Frank Wheatley, Safety & Environmental Committee Chairman
Colonna's Shipyard, Inc.
400 E. Indian River Road
Norfolk, VA 23523
Office: (757) 545-2414 Ext. 445
« Return to Newsletter