Presented by PNC Bank
Join us on Friday, December 4 from 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM for a special virtual presentation announcing the winners of the 2020 Tradesperson of the Year Awards.
To attend, view the link below and watch it live Friday, 12/4 at 12pm.
Watch on Youtube
Click here to watch the video if YouTube is blocked on your network.
We encourage you to host small watch parties or gatherings to celebrate the nominees, runners up, and award winners. Share your watch party with us on social media using #TradespersonAwards2020
Each year, the Tradesperson of the Year Awards honor the “best of the best” in Ship Repair. From a group of illustrious nominees, one Junior Tradesperson (with fewer than 5 years of experience) and one Senior Tradesperson (with more than 5 years of experience) are selected. In 2020, we received a record-breaking 29 nominations.
The 2020 Tradesperson of the Year Nominees are:
Junior Tradesperson Nominees
- Antoine Badger, BAE Systems Norfolk Ship Repair
- Christopher Connor, MHI Ship Repair & Services
- Ken Eiler, Bay Metals & Fabrication
- Robin Hall, Wartsila Defense
- LaWanda Harris, General Dynamics – NASSCO Norfolk
- Sarah Janes, Fairlead Boatworks
- Daniel Langston, Oceaneering International
- Michael Wayne Ledbetter, HII – Technical Solutions Division
- Christopher McAndrews, Tecnico Corporation
- Danual Pearce, Colonna’s Shipyard
- Carl Pierce, Q.E.D. Systems
- Ryan Stallard, Epsilon Systems Solutions
Senior Tradesperson Nominees
- William Blackwell, Valkyrie Enterprises
- Keith Bremer, Prism Maritime
- Robert Bristol, Marine Specialty Painting
- Clinton Brooks, MHI Ship Repair & Services
- Pearl Butler, Colonna’s Shipyard
- Policarpio Calimbas, HII – Technical Solutions Division
- Eric Grandy, Surface Technologies Corporation
- Ed Guilsano, Epsilon Systems Solutions
- Heng Hy, BAE Systems Norfolk Ship Repair
- David Scott Karl, Standard Calibrations
- William McAllister, Oceaneering International
- Carlos Phillips, Wartsila Defense
- Thomas Landon Sampsell, Fairlead Boatworks
- Harold Scott, Clean Way Services
- Nathaniel Williams, General Dynamics – NASSCO Norfolk
- Nicholas Wobser, Newport News Shipbuilding
- James Woods, Bay Metals & Fabrication
The winners are selected by a panel of industry-expert judges who read each nomination in a redacted format, so they do not know the individuals or companies represented. Please join us in thanking our judges:
- Event Chair & Lead Judge: Brian Daugherty, KSaria Corporation
- Captain Tim Barney, Commanding Officer, Mid-Atlantic Regional Maintenance Center
- Courtney Culpepper, Rapid Prep LLC
- Pam Martin, Stanley Black & Decker
- Leslie McAloose, Ameri-Force Craft Services
- Ron Ritter, On Point LLC
- David Spinazzolo, Metropolitan Solutions
- Terry Stead, Foundation Board
- Darrick Wickre, PNC Bank
Each 2020 Tradesperson of the Year Award nominee will receive a VSRA t-shirt, baseball cap, and challenge coin, along with a set of Irwin Vise Grips, Stanley Tool Bag, and Tape Measure.
Junior and Senior Runners-Up will each receive a DeWalt cooler and $150 dollar steakhouse gift certificate. Junior and Senior Award Winners will receive a DeWalt Drill & Driver Combo Kit, embroidered VSRA jacket, $200 steakhouse gift card, 1-year family membership to Nauticus, $250 Amazon gift card, and $750 cash prize.
The 2020 Tradesperson of the Year Awards are sponsored by PNC Bank. Awards are furnished by Surehand, a subsidiary of Stanley Black & Decker.
THANK YOU TO ALL WHO RECOGNIZED EXCELLENCE IN THE SHIP REPAIR WORKFORCE BY NOMINATING AN EMPLOYEE FOR THIS DISTINGUISHED AWARD!