This course is designed for personnel in the private sector interested in teaching the 10 and 30 hour maritime safety and health outreach program to their employees and other interested groups. Special emphasis is placed on those topics that are required in the 10 and 30 hr programs as well as on those that are the most hazardous, using OSHA standards as a guide. Course participants are briefed on effective instructional approaches and the effective use of visual aids and handouts. This course allows the student to become a trainer in the Outreach Program and to conduct 10 and 30 hour maritime classes in Shipyard Employment, Marine Terminals, and Long shoring and to issue cards to participants after verifying course completion. This course is being provided by OTIEC National Resource Center- West Virginia University.
- OSHA 5410 course completed within the last 7 years
- Five years maritime industry safety experience
- A bachelor or higher college degree in occupational safety and health or industrial hygiene by an accredited college or university, a certified Marine Chemist (CMC), Certified Safety Professional (CSP), or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) designation in the applicable training area may be substituted for two years of experience.
Before Registering for this course you must do the following:
- Fill out the Prerequisite Verification Form. Enter the following information on Line 7 & 8 on the Prerequisite Form:
Line 7 - October 12 and October 15
Line 8 - VSRA, Norfolk, Virginia
- Submit the completed Prerequisite Verification Form and a copy of your trainer card to WVUSHE@mail.wvu.edu
- If approved you will be sent a link to register for the course
This event is only available to VSRA Members. If you have a VSRA Member user account, please