Marine & Heavy Construction
Prepares estimates, submittals, blueprints, and written specifications for new construction, retrofits, remodels, take offs, etc.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Will help develop the preliminary construction cost estimate from planning documents; monitor and reconcile the cost estimate as the design progresses.
• Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
• Participate in pre-award engineering and constructability review discussions.
• Estimating change orders, developing budgets, and reviewing invoices.
• Prepare estimates by applying unit rates for man hours, labor dollars, material dollars, and construction equipment dollars and all-in unit cost determination, calculating extensions and the application of standard factors, overhead rates and fees.
• Review labor productivity to ensure that the labor hours are in conformance with working restrictions, overtime is appropriate, etc.
• Review the material pricing and validate against other pricing references.
• Review pre-purchased material or equipment and/or equipment rental rates against fair and reasonable pricing references.
• Review contractor mark-ups to ensure that the correct mark-ups are being used and that any mark-up caps are not exceeded.
• Develop detailed cost estimates from the engineering drawings; proactively identify deficiencies and/or questions; and actively assist the project team.
• Visit project to understand site conditions/restrictions.
• May assume other duties, as required/needed.
• May work overtime, as required/needed.
• Experienced in Marine, Underwater, and Diving Construction with a minimum of 5 years field experience and 5 years of direct Marine Construction Estimating, directly related to both heavy civil and marine construction projects.
• Proven success of winning projects up to $30 million
• Ability to pass a background investigation, obtain access to federal, state, and local facilities
• Valid driver license and reliable transportation
Salary to be determined based on experience and qualifications.
• Health Insurance
• Short Term Disability Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Supplementary Insurance via Aflac
• Paid Personal, Sick, and Vacation
• FinFit Financial Wellness Program
• Employee Assistance Program
• Paid Holidays
• 401K Participation
If you are looking for a career, not just a job, with a company committed to your future, apply today. Crofton is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) Affirmative Action (AA) Employer Qualified Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Crofton is a Drug Free Workplace and E-Verify Employer.
Please visit our website www.crofton.com to submit an application and upload a resume.