Crofton offers industry leading solutions above and below the waterline, combining comprehensive expertise in all facets of commercial diving, marine construction and crane rental & rigging. We execute all of our projects with safety and integrity. Crofton is a growing company with a highly collaborative and dynamic work environment and with team members who work vigorously to meet our customer’s needs. No two days are the same! Crofton is seeking a Tool Manager to join our team.
The Tool Manager will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and directing the operations of all tools for effective maintenance, repair, safety, tracking via check in and check out procedure and use on company job sites. The position acts as a technical advisor on all tool issues and assists the management team with tool budgets and potential tool purchases.
• Maintain inventory of the tools in Tool Department
• Record the care, upkeep, status and location of all company owned tools.
• Enter new tools to Tool Watch system, maintain operational and maintenance information.
• Manage and maintain Tool Watch software system.
• Manage maintenance activities for all tools.
• Maintains dispatch board of needed repairs and schedules.
• Prepares purchase order and parts ordering for tools.
• Ensure operating and maintenance manuals are accessible.
• Maintain recurring maintenance schedule.
• Maintain certification schedule and requirements.
• Works daily with inventory and operations to schedule tool availability and assignment.
• Works with all departments to assist with tool requirements.
• Works daily with operations to ensure tools are used and utilized properly.
• Works with employees on proper tool operation.
• Builds and maintains toolkits.
• Understand operational characteristics of business and suggest purchase and disposition.
• Experience with electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic power tools.
• Mark and identify tools using identification tag, labels, or physical engraving.
• Prepare weekly inventory report.
• Attempt to locate missing or non-returned tools.
• Officially receive, unbox, and build tool into Tool Watch tracking software.
• Maintain a clean and well-organized tool room.
• Issues tools to workers and maintains records of tools as wellas equipment issued and returned, utilizing Tool Watch tracking software.
• Ensure tools are checked out and returned properly.
• Perform preventative maintenance such as applying additives to engines, pumps, pneumatic tools.
• Manage broken tools via applying repair cost vs replacement cost analysis.
• Inspect, clean, and oil returning tools.
• Wear personal protective equipment: hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe boots.
• Utilize excellent judgement on the acquisition of new tools, focusing on known tool make/model performance and tool cost.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Ability to work independently as well as effectively with others.
• Must be reliable and have a good attendance record.
• Ability to complete tasks and responsibilities in a timely manner.
• Ability to follow complex directions.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft office suite and general computer use.
• Ability to organize and monitor inventory management.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma / GED or higher
• 5 Years of experience in inventory management
• Experience in the field of construction tool management preferred.
• Experience with Tool Watch or a comparable system is preferred.
• Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like.
• Exposure to characteristic Construction and marine site dangers.
• Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.
• Adjusting or moving objects up to 50 pounds in all directions.
• Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
• Operating machinery and/or power tools.
• Ability to see and respond to dangerous situations.
• Ability to respond quickly to sounds.
Please refer to the Hiring Company website for additional information on this category.