Tidewater Staffing is seeking individuals for Marine Painter/Powertoolers!
$10.50 | potential rate to increase with experience
Shift to be discussed
Job duties include but not limited to:
Preparing surfaces using power tools
Brush and roll
2-5 years of Marine Painting experience
OSHA Certified (preferably)
Comfortable working in confined spaces
MUST have transportation to Newports News, Naval Station Norfolk, and Huntington Ingalls
Tidewater Staffing Offers:
Long-term Job Opportunities
OSHA Training | Training Programs
Tidewater Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer*
Category: Marine Painter
NOTE: The following description is a GENERAL Overview of this career and not a description of a particular job posting.
Marine Painters are skilled in the craft of covering various vessel surfaces, both interior and exterior, with protective coatings using brushes, spray guns, and rollers. Many kinds of paints/coatings are used as protection of steel, wood, fiberglass, and other surfaces from rust and corrosion, and protection of the underwater portion of vessels against the attachment of marine life. Painters must know the proper surface preparations, the best coating to use for each purpose and the accepted application techniques to obtain the desired results.
A Marine painter's typical duties include:
- Preparing the surface (by sanding, blasting, cleaning, etc.)
- Removing old coatings using chemicals
- Applying primers and finish coats
- Providing quality wood finishing
- Tinting paints
- Spray painting (indoors and outdoors)
- Sign work ( such as cutting stencils, hand lettering, silk screen lettering, etc.)
- Poster work (design and lay out)
- Graining, marbling, and flocking
- Gold and aluminum leaf application
- Estimating the quantity and type of coating needed, and the required amount of labor for each task
Marine Painters must also be familiar with, and trained in, the proper use of respiratory protection equipment such as respirators and other breathing devices.
Typically, Marine Painting careers require a high school diploma.
Typically, the ideal Marine Painting candidate will posses:
- Previous job experience, particularly in a maritime setting
- Basic trade knowledge, such as the use of job related tools and equipment
- A strong work ethic (flexible, reliable, and punctual)