Tidewater Staffing is seeking an experienced Firewatcher!
Salary: $8.50 to $10.50 /hour
Shift time: 6:00 A.M. 6 P.M.
Job duties include but not limited to:
Maintaining close observation to ensure fire safety in work areas
Watch out for fire hazards in the workplace while work is performed by other employees.
Maintain the conditions and requirements stated on the safety permit.
Keep flammable materials from ignition sources.
Be prepared to operate fire extinguishers, hydrants, fixed monitors, and hose carts anytime.
Able to obtain security clearance for Little Creek, NOB and NNSY.
Tidewater Staffing Offers:
Long-term Job Opportunities
OSHA Training | Training Programs
Tidewater Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer*
NOTE: The following description is a GENERAL Overview of this career and not a description of a particular job posting.
The primary responsibility of a firewatch is to stand watch at an assigned location and identify and prevent any hazardous situations.
Typical Job Responsibilities include:
- Inspecting an area prior to any hot work being performed to ensure all flammable and combustible material have been removed
- Delivering all safety equipment (including appropriate fire extinguisher) to site
- Staying stationed in the work site such that they can respond quickly to prevent fires
- Conducting frequent inspections of the hot work areas during hot work to ensure area is still safe and working conditions are favorable
- Reporting fires and accidents to the officer of the deck and Firewatch Coordinator immediately
- Remaining in place for thirty minutes following work performed to clean area and to ensure work site conditions remain safe
High School Diploma preferred. Must complete Fire Watch training.
A firewatch must:
- Have the ability to carry out written and/or oral instructions
- Successfully complete a Fire Watch Training course
- Be able to wear safety equipment provided (i.e. self-contained breathing apparatus)
- Be able to work effectively as part of a field crew
- Be a steady and reliable worker
- Previous work within the maritime industry and familiarity with maritime terminology preferred
- Knowledge of hot work procedures preferred