Tidewater Staffing is seeking an Outside Machinist Lead.
Shift to be discussed
Outside Machinist Job Requirements Include:
Supervise a group of employees.
Ensure workers accomplish required job assignments
Maintains employee time and certification records.
Ensure yard safety rules and regulations are carried out
Experience working with propellers and steers
Experience working with valves is a PLUS
Must have own tools
Must also have fabricating experience
Must have 3-5 years of experience
Must be able to lift 50-70 lbs
Work environment is regularly performed outside and the area can be loud.
Tidewater Staffing Offers:
Long-term Job Opportunities
OSHA Training | Training Programs
Tidewater Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer*
Category: Outside Machinist
NOTE: The following descriptions is a GENERAL OVERVIEW of this career, and not a description of a particular job posting.
An outside machinist installs and repairs equipment, sets up and handles manufacturing machinery and ensures that production equipment is adequate and functional. The machinist also operates machines manually or through control mechanisms, inspects equipment and materials and communicates with co-workers, subordinates and superiors.
An Outside Machinist's typical duties include:
- Disassembling or dismantling valves or pumps, inspecting for wear and assessing replacement need, then re-assembling
- Installing stanchions and hand rails for gratings and ladders
- Installing piping for steam, exhaust, suction, discharge, heating, and/or refrigeration
- Dismantling, inspecting and repairing deck machinery, main engines, generator governors, and/or turbines
- Running horizontal and vertical lines for alignment of engines
- Overhauling and repairing refrigerating machinery
Most outside machinist careers require a high school diploma, as well as training in vocational schools, related on-the-job experience, and/or an associate's degree.
Outside machinists usually need one or two years of on-the-job experience and informal training with experienced workers. A recognized apprenticeship program may be available.
Previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is typically required. Outside Machinists generally have a broad background in diesel repair and maintenance.