Epsilon Systems Solutions is currently seeking Electricians (levels I, II, III, & Specialist) in Portsmouth, VA.
Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc. and its subsidiaries are proud to be Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans.
Category: Marine Electrician
NOTE: The following description is a GENERAL Overview of this career and not a description of a particular job posting.
Marine Electricians are typically responsible for assembling, installing, testing, and maintaining electrical wiring and equipment, as well as inspecting electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, or necessary repairs. Marine Electricians may also prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring or equipment while ensuring compliance with safety codes
Typically a High school diploma or GED is required, along with technical or post-secondary electrician's degree and license.
Typically, employers require:
- Minimum of five years verifiable work experience in the ship repair industry
- Basic trade specific knowledge, such as n understanding of power tools and their usage
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in the testing and repair of electrical components
- Reliability and dependability
- Ability to obtain a security clearance