The Quality Assurance System Supervisor assists Level III NDE as assigned to perform duties within the capacity of their current qualifications. Level II NDT ability to obtain and maintain. Assist in preparation of materials and equipment; and serve as weld operator when applicable in the qualifying of Welding procedures for NAVSEA and ABS programs. Assist Level III NDE as necessary in the preparation and maintenance of materials to support the Welder, Brazer and NDT training and qualification programs.
Perform specific inspections as assigned and assist in surveillance of work performed on government and commercial work items, specializing in structural and welding compliance.
Performs in-progress work surveillances and will conduct final work-package review after work-completion for welding, brazing and NDT, provided required certifications have been obtained.
Assists in the development and maintenance of quality standards for structural and pipe material and equipment receiving, in-process and final inspection in accordance with company and contractual requirements. Reviews status of in-process rejections and recommends appropriate corrective action. Assist QA as necessary with internal audits to monitor compliance with company procedures.
Assist in maintaining quality records for structural and pipe material and equipment receiving, in-process and final inspection in accordance with company and contractual requirements.
Advises management of test trends, returns, vendor performance and audit results and corrective action needed. Performs other assigned duties as required by Management.
Area of Expertise: Welding, Brazing and Non-Destructive Testing associated with service craft, boat, ship and submarine repair and modernization.
Reports to the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Assist in development of Quality and Workmanship standards for Welders, Brazers and NDT
- Ability to obtain and maintain Level III NDE/NDT certification
- Assist with the development of quality control and inspection procedures for inclusion in production Work-Packages
- Assist with defining test standards, and specifies test equipment and procedures
- Reviews Technical Specifications and contract requirements during Work Package and QA Work Book development to provide guidance for Welding, Brazing and NDT technical requirements, PCP development and qualification needs
- Assist in development of prepopulated test and inspection records
- Aide in monitoring compliance in accordance with company Quality Management System, Workmanship standards and Customer requirements
- Conducts Quality Assurance inspections, and Surveillances in accordance with written instructions
- Performs inspections of material and prefabricated assemblies prior to items being delivered to work sites for installation
- Aide in evaluation of Suppliers
- Assist in Sub-Contractor surveillance and coordination of activities
- Understudy of the NDE in development of the Combat System Alignment (CSA) program
- Perform duties in regard to shop facility outfitting, organization, improvements and maintenance
- Assist with review of QA control requirements with customer representative to assure compliance with requirements
- Assist with review of contractually required documentation for accuracy and completeness
- Perform any other assignments or tasks as needed or requested by management to assist in accomplishing the organization’s mission, objectives and goals.
Clearance up to Secret level may be required.
Certifications, Qualifications, Education Requirements:
- Job Training: Welder[Qualified]/ Level I WWI [Qualified]/ Level II NDT[Qualified]
- Work experience: Minimum of 10 years waterfront naval shipboard/ structural experience, or 5 years waterfront naval shipboard/ structural experience with a Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems
- Work independently and communicate with Government, Shipboard and Administrative personnel to ensure compliance with TS9090-310.
- Experience with C4I Program preferred.
- Possession of 10 Hr. OSHA Maritime training required.
- Be able to access all US Military facilities, Homeland Security facilities and private shipyards
PRISM MARITIME LLC IS AN EEO/AA EMPLOYER.