Pipefitter Journeyman Job Description:
NSC Technologies has an immediate opening for Pipefitters IN NUMEROUS LOCATIONS ACROSS THE COUNTRY. A pipefitter journeyman is responsible for removing, repairing, targeting, laying out, fabricating, installing, and testing marine piping systems such as Auxiliary Salt Water, Fire Main, Potable Water, Hydraulic, Compressed Air, Fuel Oil, Lube Oil, Engine Exhaust etc. in accordance with work item specifications, NAVSEA/Military standards and drawings or other regulatory body standards such as ABS, Military Sealift Command, etc. Repair and fabrication include the use of various shop equipment such as table saws, pipe threading machines, bending machines (power as well as hand operated), drill presses and brazing equipment.
Work is located: Wisconsin , VA, Florida, California
Per diem is calculated in Salary Range
Pipefitter Journeyman Job Requirement:
• Must be able to read and comprehend instructions, drawings, and general correspondence in English.
• Must have a comprehensive knowledge of ship repair terminology and ship compartment naming convention.
• Must be physically and medically capable to wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE) required for the job as prescribed under OSHA standards. PPE includes hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.)
• Must be able to effectively confer job related information such as conditions found reports in writing that include recommended corrective action.
• Must have a thorough knowledge of experience with P-73 joint fit-up.
• Must have a comprehensive knowledge of Silver Brazing theory.
• Must be able to certify in: MT Braze (B-1), MT Braze (B-2)
• Must be able to interpret drawings, specifications, and Navy/MSC/ABS standard items and manuals.
• Must possess a comprehensive knowledge of equipment and work processes used in marine pipe fabrication, repair, and targeting.
• Must be able to operate and care for equipment, portable power tools, and hand tools used to accomplish assigned work.
• Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals. Must understand the US customary and metric measurement systems.
• Must have six (6) years of pipefitting experience, four (3) of which in the maritime repair environment.
***FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION CONTACT A RECRUITER*** @ firstname.lastname@example.org
At NSC Technologies, LLC our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
• Competitive pay
• Medical Coverage
• Long Term Opportunities
• Direct deposit or Global Cash Card
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Training and Career Growth Opportunities
• The chance to be a part of an amazing team
NSC Technologies is committed to connecting good people with good jobs!
NSC is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
NSC Technologies is a drug free company. NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.
NOTE: The following description is a GENERAL Overview of this career and not a description of a particular job posting.
Pipefitters are typically tasked with installing and maintaining high and low pressure pipe systems, supports, and related equipment aboard waterborne or Naval vessels. A pipefitter is often required to lay out and fabricate full-scale pipe systems (including fire or sprinkler systems) prior to installation using blueprints and templates. Pipefitters must be familiar with the use of basic shop tools and machinery such as grinders, power and hand cutters, presses, bending machines, die and pipe threading machines. Pipefitters also must be familiar with various pipe joining techniques such as soldering, welding, and brazing.
Most pipefitter careers require training in vocational schools, related on-the-job experience, and/or an associate's degree. A recognized apprenticeship program may be associated with these occupations.
Previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is typically required.