Marine Electrician Job Description
NSC Technologies is seeking Marine Electricians to work for a great organization in Jacksonville Florida, Virginia. The Marine Electrician will be responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining and repair of power generating and distribution systems, voltage regulators engine governors and equipment.
Work location: Jacksonville Florida and Virginia Per Diem is offered to those who qualify
****Ideal candidate must have minimum of 5 years of Marine experience****
** Per diem is calculated in pay range***
Marine Electrician Job Requirements:
• Will be responsible for remote control systems, power control systems of shipboard equipment and experience working on DC propulsion generators.
• Must have considerable knowledge of marine electrical systems and required maintenance and repair experience.
• Knowledge of the principles, techniques, practices involved in the installation, maintenance, repair and alteration of marine electrical systems.
• Skill in detection, diagnoses, maintenance and repair of marine systems.
• Must be able to understand and comprehend blue prints, schematics and recognize problems through troubleshooting.
**Must be able to pass background check**
** Must be able to pass pre-employment screening such as Drug Test, Respiratory Fit test and Physical**
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION EMAIL RESUME DIRECTLY.: email@example.com
NSC Technologies is dedicated to being the most trusted provider of innovative staffing solutions servicing the global Marine, Energy, Commercial and Industrial marketplace. We achieve long term, meaningful relationships by exceeding customer expectations and enhancing the quality of life for our employees. NSC Technologies is committed to community service and stewardship of customer resources.
**NSC TECHNOLOGIES offers Medical, Dental, Vision benefits and a 401k plan to ALL eligible employees*
NSC Technologies has opportunities throughout the United States Please visit our jobs page at http://jobs.nsc-tech.com
NSC Technologies is a drug free company.
NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/V/D
Category: Marine Electrician
NOTE: The following description is a GENERAL Overview of this career and not a description of a particular job posting.
Marine Electricians are typically responsible for assembling, installing, testing, and maintaining electrical wiring and equipment, as well as inspecting electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, or necessary repairs. Marine Electricians may also prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring or equipment while ensuring compliance with safety codes
Typically a High school diploma or GED is required, along with technical or post-secondary electrician's degree and license.
Typically, employers require:
- Minimum of five years verifiable work experience in the ship repair industry
- Basic trade specific knowledge, such as n understanding of power tools and their usage
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in the testing and repair of electrical components
- Reliability and dependability
- Ability to obtain a security clearance