FSG Engineer 3
HII FLEET SUPPORT GROUP (0480)
Newport News-Virginia-United States
External Job Description
This positon is contingent upon contract award.
The selected candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a CONFIDENTIAL level security clearance.
Position will be responsible for providing general engineering support in in the execution of LCS Planning Yard efforts.
Recent experience with one or more of the following is highly desired:
• Experience supporting reliability engineering / condition based maintenance plus (CBM+) program. Providing on-site support during ship availabilities.
• Experience performing cost engineering studies. Support Design reviews.
• Experience developing equipment installation procedures.
• Conducting weigh and stability analyses.
• Formulating response to Liaison Action Requests (LAR).
• Developing equipment procurement specifications.
• Analyzing operational and maintenance performance data to determine design defects.
• Experience with LCS class.
Performs engineering functions in one or more of the following specialties: electronics, electrical, mechanical, civil, naval, and/or chemical.
Office, industrial or shipboard environment. Capable of climbing ladders and tolerating confined spaces and extreme temperature variances. Lifting and moving of materials not to exceed the guidelines set for one man lift.
131 - FSG LETTS Busn Unit - 13100 - LMAMS Division
US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Yes, 10%-25% of the time
5 years relevant experience with Bachelors in Engineering; 3 years relevant experience with Masters in Engineering
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Mission Driven Innovative Solutions, Nuclear & Environmental, and Oil & Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs more than 40,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled Welcome. U.S. citizenship required for most positions.
Please refer to the Hiring Company website for additional information on this category.