FSG Engineer Logistics 2
HII FLEET SUPPORT GROUP (0480)
Newport News-Virginia-United States
External Job Description
This positon is contingent upon contract award.
The selected candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a CONFIDENTIAL level security clearance.
Position will be responsible for providing general engineering support in in the execution of LCS Planning Yard efforts.
Position will also be responsible for the following:
• Supporting various functions required to plan, schedule, and track the completion of shipboard Planned Maintenance Systems (PMS) maintenance checks. Supporting ship availability hot washes and supporting pre-availability scoping sessions.
• Developing shipboard maintenance activity schedules, status lists, estimated completion dates for maintenance / modernization work to be accomplish.
• Providing resolution, tracking, and status of open Current Ship's Maintenance.
• Developing and analyzing Availability Work Packages (AWP). Projects (CSMP).
• Providing liaison services between Ship Production Manager and other Naval activities. Develop maintenance concepts for installed / new equipment. Experience with LCS class.
Reviews field support requirements and recommends tool and test equipment. Establishes calibration requirements for field systems/equipment including all maintenance tasks. Performs maintenance and maintainability demonstrations for customers. Reviews handbooks for technical adequacy. Assists in the development of maintenance engineering and logistics support. Plans and contributes to proposal efforts.
Must be able to work in a shipboard environment. Must be able to lift, carry, and transport heavy equipment.
131 - FSG LETTS Busn Unit - 13100 - LMAMS Division
US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
High School Diploma/GED
Yes, 10%-25% of the time
2 Years relevant experience with Bachelors; 0 Years with Masters; An additional 4 years of specific job experience with a HS diploma may be substituted for the Bachelor's degree requirement for this job. This experience is in addition to the relevant years of experience listed with the job's education requirements. Example: If this job required a Bachelor's degree + 5 years relevant experience the equivalency would equal HS diploma + 9 years job related experience.
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Mission Driven Innovative Solutions, Nuclear & Environmental, and Oil & Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs more than 40,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled Welcome. U.S. citizenship required for most positions.
Please refer to the Hiring Company website for additional information on this category.