Position Title: Receptionist/Administrative Assistant
Work Location: Chesapeake, VA
Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Receptionist /Administrative Assistant I and II provides a variety of administrative support duties to office staff as needed Requires basic knowledge of office processes, routines, procedures, and equipment. Chooses among varying methods and procedures to process routine transactions and selects steps necessary to complete a multitude of assignments. Ability to remain professional when dealing with internal and external customers. May be assigned duties and responsibilities of other positions for which qualifications are met. Periodically required to lift/move equipment up to and including 25 pounds.
Specific description of duties:
• Answer and Direct incoming calls on the company Switchboard
• Sort incoming mail for distribution
- Issues and retrieves visitor badges. Assures visitor logs into the system. Maintains Visitor Control logs.
- Administrative assistance to the Training Department
- Assists with routine data entry into various database formats
• Human Resources:
- Administrative assistance to the Human Resources Department
- Manages full cycle employee resume program, including re-formatting all employee resumes and overseeing mandatory annual updates.
- Assists with preparations for new hire orientation sessions
- Assists with corporate communications
- Creates forms, mail merges for mailing distribution
- Administrative support for HRIS data entry and special projects as assigned
- Manages the ordering and appropriate distribution of office supplies
- Preparing letters, labels, making phone calls as assigned.
- Organizing paperwork from various departments and return to proper department for
- Perform any other assignments or tasks as needed or requested by management to assist in
accomplishing the organization’s mission, objectives and goals.
Education / Specialized training
• Minimum one-year related experience preferred for Level I; Level II is dependent upon additional
years of experience and education.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• High attention to detail
• High School Diploma or GED Certification may be required depending on contractual stipulations.
• US Citizen
• Valid Driver’s License
Prism Maritime, LLC is a premier maritime service provider for Alteration Installation Team (AIT) and Modernization related Services in support of US Maritime and Shore-based clients. Prism Maritime is a privately held business headquartered in Chesapeake, VA, with offices in San Diego and Ventura, CA. Established in 2006, Prism Maritime currently employs over 250 professionals and maintains an ISO 9001-2015 certified Quality Management System.
Prism Maritime is an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. U.S. citizenship is required for most positions.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment with us, please email email@example.com or call: 757-460-8800.
All applications are active for 90 calendar days. After 90 days you must re-apply to still be considered for this position.