EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT
Virginia Ship Repair Association
The Virginia Ship Repair Association is seeking an OUTREACH COORDINATOR to execute the organization’s marketing and communications strategies while overseeing a wide variety of events and programs in support of the ship repair industry.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Build and maintain contact with regional schools and community organizations to enhance industry awareness within the region.
- Oversee and coordinate execution of career days, industry days, community fairs, and similar events.
- Solicit, coordinate, and train industry volunteers from within the VSRA Membership to assist with awareness events.
- Develop industry-relevant, innovative, interactive materials for distribution to educational partners for students at all levels.
- Coordinate industry tours so that students and educators are able to see first-hand the operations of major shipyards.
- Manage VSRA’s social media accounts and assist with execution of the overall marketing and communication strategy of the Association.
- Perform graphic design functions, such as development of informational flyers and digital advertisements, and maintain the overall brand consistency of the organization.
- Assist with development of the Association’s monthly newsletter and other methods of communication with the VSRA Membership.
- Provide support for a variety of Association and Foundation events, including the annual Safety & Health Seminar, Golf Tournament, and monthly Member luncheons.
- This is an in-office position located in downtown Norfolk, VA.
- Frequent regional travel to events may be required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both in writing and verbally.
- Ability to function highly in a fast-paced, team-focused environment while eagerly serving in support of a dedicated Association Membership.
- Desire to enthusiastically interact with the Association Membership, Community partners, and general public (including students, teachers, community leaders, and so forth) while promoting the Association, Foundation, and Ship Repair industry as a whole.
- Proficiency with outreach tools such as graphic design, website design, and social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.).
- Ability to take direction, develop plans, and prioritize tasks.
- Ability and willingness to learn new software, website interfaces, and tasks as needed.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Demonstrated experience with copy editing & professional writing.
- Working knowledge of the Ship Repair Industry.
- Proficiency in various Adobe programs, including Acrobat Reader, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Captivate.
About the Virginia Ship Repair Association:
The Virginia Ship Repair Association (VSRA) is a regional industry association representing companies engaged in, or supporting, ship repair in Virginia and the Mid-Atlantic region. Our mission is to focus and coordinate member resources on the issues, challenges, and opportunities facing the ship repair industry in Virginia and across the nation.
The organization is comprised of both the Association and the Virginia Ship Repair Foundation, a 501(c)(3) educational non-profit that partners with community organizations and educational institutions to enhance awareness of the ship repair industry across the region.
VSRA represents over 300 member companies whose combined businesses have an economic impact in the Hampton Roads area of more than 60,000 jobs, $6.4 billion in economic impact, and $4.3 billion in employee earnings and benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
VSRA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.