MarineEstimator – Government Estimator
Lyon Shipyard is a customer focused, family-owned and operated, ship repair facility on the Elizabeth River in Norfolk, VA, that has been in business since 1928. We are currently seeking for a full-time Marine Estimator. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved with a dynamic, established and growing company.
Apply online at http://lyonshipyard.com/careers/application/
Right now is your opportunity to join our Marine division’s Estimating team to support our downriver division in the preparation and administration of government contracts.
Develops and administers labor hour, material andsubcontract estimates for all proposals and growth work for the ship repair/drydocking industry
Estimates are developed from customer furnished specifications, drawings, contract terms and standards.
This position tracks and manages projects’ transaction compliance such as margins, milestones, deliverable's and invoicing and effectively presents this information to production, upper management and customers when applicable
The position monitors and negotiates growth and assists the production team.
· Apprenticeship, Journeyman or Bachelor's Degree and or 6 plus years of experience in the ship repair industry or on a ship as an officer, port engineer or repair supervisor.
· Experience with NAVSEA Standard Items
· Demonstrated negotiation skills.
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize, manage time effectively and to identify work priorities in a constant changing environment.
· Ability to write reports and business correspondences.
· Possess working knowledge of Shipyard production processes.
Lyon Shipyard offers competitive pay with benefits in a growth-oriented environment. Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply. Lyon Shipyard is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and promotes a Drug Free Work Environment. Minorities, Women, Veterans and Disabled are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard of race, color, religion, sex,sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.