FSG Logistics Management Analyst 1 (Warehouse Assistant)
HII FLEET SUPPORT GROUP (0480)
External Job Description
The warehouse assistant will be responsible for ensuring inventory is processed, organized, and stored. The warehouse assistant will also package, scan, and prepare orders for delivery. The ideal candidate is comfortable working on their feet, focused on meeting goals, and experienced in inventory software and databases.
- Must have prior experience reading and understanding technical drawings to procure required materials.
- Must have prior experience with the Navy Supply System or other similar Logistics Management System.
- Must have the ability to confer with vendors and manufacturing companies to procure required materials and services.
- Must be analytical, organized, focused, and be a great communicator (oral and written).
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel programs.
- Licensed forklift operator
- Must have valid VA drivers license
- Required to work in an industrial environment ISO of Refueling Complex Overhauls.
- Must be able to lift, carry, transport heavy equipment and climb ladders.
Controls the efficient flow of goods, services, and information between point of origin through customer placement in order to meet customer requirements. Ensures that customer service and time objectives are achieved within existing financial constraints in order to meet marketing and financial objectives. Ensures the execution and continuous improvement of standard logistics processes, such as the replenishment system, data interchange systems, demand management, electronic data systems administration and related functions. Builds relationships with strategic customers through logistics initiatives. Integrates learning from customers, competitors, operating entities, distribution, transportation, customer service, other industries, industry groups, and professional training to continuously improve competitive position.
112 - FSG MMTS Busn Unit - 11201 - RCOH
US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
High School Diploma/GED
Yes, up to 10% of the time
0 Years with Bachelors; An additional 4 years of specific job experience with a HS diploma may be substituted for the Bachelor's degree requirement for this job. This experience is additional to subsequent relevant years of experience listed with the job's education requirements. Example: If this job required a Bachelor's degree + 5 years relevant experience the equivalency would equal HS diploma + 9 years job related experience.
- Warehouse experience / inventory management and excellent customer service skills preferred.
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Mission Driven Innovative Solutions, Nuclear & Environmental, and Oil & Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs more than 40,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled Welcome. U.S. citizenship required for most positions.