Colonna's Shipyard is looking to obtain experienced candidates within our Purchasing Department.
We are pleased to accept resumes for a Driver.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay, based on experience, and immediate work within our headquarters in Norfolk, VA.
• Obtain goods and equipment from vendors in a safe and timely manner
• Operate Company vehicles over an established route(s) to deliver products and/or perform the retrieval of returned merchandise
• Assume responsibility for cash payments during approved pickups or deliveries
• Unload and accurately receive incoming products;
• Provide personal attention to customer requests or product needs during loading
• Maintain and practice the Company’s safety policies and procedures
• Record and complete entries on delivery roster in accordance to procedural guidelines
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Valid driver’s license for your state of residency and an excellent driving history for the last seven years. (Motor Vehicle Report will be reviewed)
• Ability to work in fast paced environment, lifting up to 50 lbs. of product repetitively
• Must be self-motivated with a high degree of integrity and be able perform job duties with minimal supervision on a timely basis
• Must be able to work nights and weekends
• Minimum of 3 years of professional driving experience
• Required to read and write English, and use simple math
Position compensation is based on experience.
Our benefits include:
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Legal Services
• Annual performance evaluations
• On-site Human Resources
• On-site gym
• Free and close proximity parking
• Employee perks/gifts and more
All resumes are reviewed immediately for consideration.
Colonna’s Shipyard and our affiliates are pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE / M / F / DISABILITY / VET
These are our VALUES and the guidelines that make us a leader in our industry. We are pleased and confident in stating that our skilled employees are among the most respected experts in the ship repair industry.
Category: Entry Level Shipyard Labor
NOTE: The following description is a GENERAL Overview of this career and not a description of a particular job posting.
Entry level shipyard workers may serve as trades helpers, work in supply, operate as firewatches for hot work, assist in clean up and generally get an opportunity to learn more about working in a ship yard environment. All entry level wokers are encouraged to ask about jobs, learn more about the work being done and seek opportunities to enter trade training.
High school diploma or GED.
Must be able to secure security access and demonstrate a history of successful employment.