The successful Shipboard Estimator candidate will:
• Develop and maintain material lists for inclusion in ship’s index drawings, Update and produce cost and man-hour/day estimates and milestones/POA&M GANTT charts/critical path reports.
• Prepare cost and time estimates (time, labor, material and travel) for alteration and repairs to ship HM&E or electronic systems.
• Conduct thorough ship checks and site visits (when possible) with assigned Production personnel to identify detailed scope of work including interferences, as-found conditions, projected schedule, material, etc.
• Coordinate with Production, Quality Assurance, Purchasing, customers and vendors to develop and discuss estimated costs and Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) for each task, RFQ, RFP or work package.
• Possess a thorough understanding of repair definition, production procedures, planning procedures, material requirements, adherence to technical instructions/directives and other similar experience in preparing contract specifications (bid specification).
• Be proficient in reading and interpreting Ship’s Installation Drawings and Technical Manuals.
• Analyze Requests for Proposals (RFP), Requests for Quote (RFQ) services, material and fabrication.
• Conduct routine analysis of estimated costs versus actual costs incurred and develop “lessons learned” for historical reference and make recommendations for improvement.
Education & Qualifications
• Graduate of high school, trade or industrial school.
• Proficient with MS Project, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Access.
• Must have excellent communication, problem resolution and strategic planning skills.
Experience desired, yet not mandatory:
• Planning and Estimating Ship Repair Tasking is a plus
• Retired or prior military status is a plus
Wage: Market rate plus performance bonuses
KRT, INC. MISSION:
KRT is a minority/woman-owned provider of comprehensive shipboard solutions to the maritime community. With operations on the East and West Coasts, we offer three decades of experience and expertise delivered with customer service beyond expectations. Our teams of highly trained and dedicated personnel customize shipboard solutions to each client's unique requirements, deadlines, and
ABOUT KRT, INC.
KRT’s mission is to be the preferred provider of shipboard repair and
maintenance solutions for our Nation’s Naval, Coast Guard and Merchant Marine fleets. Our unique focus on quality and timely service supports our clients’
combat-readiness, transportation needs and maritime safety.