EQOL Shipboard Electrician - 122
Location: Norfolk, VA, US, 23511-2123
Company: HII's TSD
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Mission Driven Innovative Solutions, Nuclear & Environmental, and Oil & Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs more than 42,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
*Must have a Defense Biometric Identification System (DBIDS) Badge to start*
This position proactively supports the US Navy Commander, Naval Air Force, US Atlantic Fleet’s (COMNAVAIRLANT) Habitability Program, Enhanced Quality of Life (EQOL) Project, for shipboard food service, galley, galley refrigeration, and laundry equipment by providing technical, material, and maintenance support. Position also requires training and mentoring of junior personnel (coworkers and customers - ships force personnel) in techniques and processes used to assess, troubleshoot, maintain, repair, and operate systems and equipment.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Applies comprehensive understanding of production and processes toward completion of assignments. Responsible for interfacing with customers, managing subcontractors and ability to provide work direction to others. Performs a variety of complicated and non-routine tasks. Develops and uses technical documents including controlled work packages, formal work processes and procedures, test documents, reports and task or trip reports. Schedules, reports and briefs customers and senior management. Performs duties outside of specialty in order to complete installation or work assignment.
Position Specifics: Candidate must have the following to qualify for this position:
• Must have hands on experience with troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of shipboard ELECTRICAL power systems and equipment (i.e.: controllers, motors, wiring harnesses, and sub-components).
• Must have experience with shipboard Food Service, Galley (Kitchen) and Laundry equipment and systems.
• Must have knowledge of U.S. Navy 3-M (material, maintenance, and management) processes.
• Must have ability to read and interpret technical drawings, manuals, and documents.
• Must be able to obtain/maintain a Defense Biometric Identification System (DBIDS) ID card and DoD CONFIDENTIAL security clearance.
• Must have HS education,Trade School or equivalent + 4 years of related experience.
• Must provide own hand tools as designated per trades specialty.
• Prefer candidates with technical/professional certifications.
• Candidates with experience as a Galley Grease Interceptor Hood systems and equipment such as: wash/vent controllers, solenoid/manual control dampers, and fire safety switches are preferred.
• Experience training shipboard personnel in techniques and processes used to assess, troubleshoot, maintain, repair, and operate systems and equipment is highly desired.
• Knowledge of maintenance, quality assurance, and logistics support systems, procedures, and documents experience preferred.
Must be able to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes. The exact weight requirements will be determined by the specific job, but no less than 30 lbs. Able to work on and climb ladders, work in extreme temperature environments, aboard ships, in shipyards, under industrial conditions and in confined spaces. Able to perform other duties as required which may involve high heat, humidity, noise and dirty conditions, working aloft or over the sides of vessels. May ride ships at sea for extended periods. May require wearing a respirator. Travel may be required within and outside of the continental United States.
Huntington Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.