Premier NNS Blast & Paint Contractor is in need of a Plural Component Paint Pump Operator for WIWA & Graco paint pumps.
Interested person would know how to mix plural component paints for the US Navy ship work.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability to tear-down & rebuild pumps would be beneficial.
Work with GRACO & WIWA Pumps would be beneficial
Ability to lead others to properly perform pain operations would be beneficial
Category: Marine Painter
NOTE: The following description is a GENERAL Overview of this career and not a description of a particular job posting.
Marine Painters are skilled in the craft of covering various vessel surfaces, both interior and exterior, with protective coatings using brushes, spray guns, and rollers. Many kinds of paints/coatings are used as protection of steel, wood, fiberglass, and other surfaces from rust and corrosion, and protection of the underwater portion of vessels against the attachment of marine life. Painters must know the proper surface preparations, the best coating to use for each purpose and the accepted application techniques to obtain the desired results.
A Marine painter's typical duties include:
- Preparing the surface (by sanding, blasting, cleaning, etc.)
- Removing old coatings using chemicals
- Applying primers and finish coats
- Providing quality wood finishing
- Tinting paints
- Spray painting (indoors and outdoors)
- Sign work ( such as cutting stencils, hand lettering, silk screen lettering, etc.)
- Poster work (design and lay out)
- Graining, marbling, and flocking
- Gold and aluminum leaf application
- Estimating the quantity and type of coating needed, and the required amount of labor for each task
Marine Painters must also be familiar with, and trained in, the proper use of respiratory protection equipment such as respirators and other breathing devices.
Typically, Marine Painting careers require a high school diploma.
Typically, the ideal Marine Painting candidate will posses:
- Previous job experience, particularly in a maritime setting
- Basic trade knowledge, such as the use of job related tools and equipment
- A strong work ethic (flexible, reliable, and punctual)