Wärtsilä in Brief:
Wärtsilä is a global leader in complete life-cycle solutions for the marine and energy markets and has the broadest portfolio and best services in the industry, offering a competitive wage with generous fringe benefits and the opportunity for career advancement.
Wärtsilä Defense Inc. is seeking highly motivated individual with skilled experience preferably in the Marine Industry. Currently, Wärtsilä Defense, Inc. has an openings for Propeller Technicians, in Chesapeake, VA
Successful applicant must be authorized to work in the USA without sponsorship.
• Responsible to inspect, measure, and restore out of tolerance conditions on all customer products. This may require use of gaging, hand tools, and air/electric tools.
• Maintain general shop cleanliness by adhering to safety, security and cleanliness standards.
• Interface and work closely with other colleagues on a daily basis as part of a team.
• Must be willing and able to perform all duties in the shop and or on-site at various locations
• The ability to comprehend or learn how to apply engineering drawings
• Perform detailed measurement using standard and precision measurement tooling such as micrometer, veneers, and various inspection gages.
• Document all visual and dimensional inspection data for reports using standard forms.
• Repair and verify all areas of the propeller based on using approved procedures.
• Capable of learning how to use oxy/acetylene torch equipment for heating and cutting operations.
• Perform support activities to ensure successful; repair and modification of propulsion systems.
• Operate overhead bridge & jib cranes for moving and positioning equipment and tooling.
• Successful applicant must be authorized to work in the USA without sponsorship.
• Ability to qualify for and maintain a DOD security clearance if needed.
• Ability to travel and perform work on an unlimited/unrestricted basis worldwide
• Basic knowledge of hand and air tools
• Understanding of basic assembly skills
• Ability to read and understand mechanical/electrical drawings
Education & Experience:
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Wärtsilä Defense, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and Equal Opportunity Employer; M/F/Disability/Veteran.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, Wärtsilä Defense Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation, an applicant may contact our HR Department at, 757-966-5425, or send an email to mary.thrash@wärtsilädefense.com.
Please refer to the Hiring Company website for additional information on this category.