Wärtsilä in Brief:
Wärtsilä is a global leader in complete life-cycle solutions for the marine and energy markets and has the broadest portfolio and best services in the industry, offering a competitive wage with generous fringe benefits and the opportunity for career advancement.
Wärtsilä Defense Inc. is seeking highly motivated individual with skilled experience preferably in the Marine Industry. Currently, Wärtsilä Defense, Inc. has an opening for a Field Service Controls Technician.
Successful applicant must be authorized to work in the USA without sponsorship.
• Supervise and assist with the construction, installation, commissioning, repair and overhaul of propulsion equipment/components on board all types of vessels
• Perform trouble shooting on propulsion controls
• Perform onsite inspections and advise customer on potential maintenance, repairs or retrofits on propulsion related equipment
• Identify failures, make necessary adjustments, assist on sea trial runs and testing of propulsion equipment according to technical manuals and work instructions
• Perform dock and sea trials; test and adjust to specifications all the propulsion related dynamic processes onboard
• Provide supervision and/or execution of overhaul jobs on propulsion equipment (Shipboard or at a Wärtsilä workshop)
• Manage Wartsila personnel and/or onsite subcontractors as assigned or designated.
• Successful applicant must be authorized to work in the USA without sponsorship.
• Ability to qualify for and maintain a DOD security clearance if needed.
• Ability to travel and perform work on an unlimited/unrestricted basis worldwide
• Ability to go aboard ships, including climbing ladders, and work in enclosed spaces
• Propulsion; pneumatic digital and Program Logic Controls (PLCs); Ladder and Block Logic experience
• Knowledge of: hydraulic equipment, propulsion related equipment, mechanical equipment, control systems (digital/analog & PLC),
• Ability to read and understand mechanical/electrical drawings
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in general technical/marine field such as electrical engineering or electrical technology
Eight years relevant work experience such as: Commercial ships, minimum level of 2nd engineer, Navy Petty Officer with a propulsion/machinery plant experience with electrical background, Senior Controls Engineer or Project Engineer in process related industry (mechanical/electrical).
There should also be propulsion; pneumatic; digital and PLC experience
Optional experience would include hydraulic marine applications
Wärtsilä Defense, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and Equal Opportunity Employer; M/F/Disability/Veteran.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, Wärtsilä Defense Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation, an applicant may contact our HR Department at, 757-966-5425, or send an email to mary.thrash@wärtsilädefense.com.
Please refer to the Hiring Company website for additional information on this category.