Summary of duties – Under minimal supervision, provides technical support for planning, coordination, integration, review, and reporting in direct support of routine and non-routine activities for program, project, and/or organization. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, facilitating communication flow across program, project, and/or organizational interfaces; tracking government data and deliverables; tracking all program, project, and/or organizational actions to maintain status and ensure on-time closure; preparing and facilitating technical training and communication, teleconferencing, and meetings; and maintaining program-, project-, and/or organization-wide calendars or other support documents.
Specific description of duties
• Exceptional verbal, written and organization skills
• Ability to work on tight deadlines
• Proven work experience as a Project Coordinator or similar role
• Plan and coordinate project scheduling, budgeting, and administrative tasks
• Support the project staff by facilitating project logistics such as meetings, conference calls; prepare meeting minutes and describe action items; perform follow-up; and assist in presentation development
• Ensure compliance with all organization requirements
• Create, maintain and distribute project plans
• Provide guidance to project team, track & report project progress
• Possess skills (or be proficient) in various MS products; Excel & Project (use of Pivot tables)
• Plan & schedule resources for project tasks
• Develop, administer, monitor Project resource funding (budget) and execution (of the funding)
• Preparing and facilitating technical communication
• Documentation management
• Perform any other assignments or tasks as needed or requested by management to assist in accomplishing the organization.
Additional Skills and Duties
• SubK Tech - Prepares, analyzes and evaluates subcontractor bid and proposal data to ensure they are compliant with company policy, program requirements and department operating procedures.
• Compiles Statement of Work (SOW) for use during bid and award phases. Analyze subcontractor invoices to ensure compliance with CDRL requirements and purchase order compliance.
• Familiar working with government organizations (NAVWAR, NAVSEA and/or NAVAIR) in AIT/C4I installations
• Familiar with Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) or Plan of Actions & Milestones (POA&M)
• Familiar with NAVSEA 9090.310 and Standard Items a plus
• A Project Coordinator II will utilize the basic Microsoft Office Suite to perform basic functions related to projects.
• Project Coordinators will typically work in an office setting, however, may be assigned temporarily to work at off-site locations including Naval bases, shipyards, other contractor, or other Navy facilities.
• Travel up to 50% outside the local area may be required.
• Possession of an active State Driver’s License is required.
• Advancement to Project Coordinator III requires additional experience, skill development and the capacity to function with less supervision.
• CostPoint experience preferred.
• Minimum Educational Requirements include bachelor’s degree in applicable field and 2 years of applicable experience or in lieu of degree, 4 years of related experience.
• Defense/ ship repair Industry experience beneficial.
• Training and/or Certification in Project Coordination, Kaizen, Lean Six Sigma or other project related focus are highly desired.
• Familiarization working with government organizations such as NAVWAR, NAVSEA NAVAIR etc. in AIT/C4I installations
• Familiarization with Microsoft Office Suite
• Familiar with NAVSEA 9090.310 and Standard Items a plus• Be able to access all US Military facilities, Homeland Security facilities and private shipyards.
Certifications/Licenses (as required for the task being performed)
• Diploma required for listed formal education.
• Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
• Be able to access all US Military facilities, Homeland Security facilities and private shipyards.
Physical/Environmental Job Requirements
• Physical requirements may include the following: May require lifting and moving up to 25 pounds.
Prism Maritime, LLC is a premier maritime service provider for Alteration Installation Team (AIT) and Modernization related Services in support of US Maritime and Shore-based clients. Prism Maritime is a privately held business headquartered in Chesapeake, VA, with offices in San Diego and Ventura, CA. Established in 2006, Prism Maritime currently employs over 250 professionals and maintains an ISO 9001-2015 certified Quality Management System.
Prism Maritime is an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. U.S. citizenship is required for most positions.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment with us, please email email@example.com or call: 757-460-8800.
To Apply: Visit www.prismmaritime.com and click on Careers>Job Openings
All applications are active for 90 calendar days. After 90 days you must re-apply to still be considered for this position.