Position Title: Technical Proposal Writer
Work Location: Chesapeake, VA
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Summary of duties – Prism Maritime, LLC is currently seeking a Technical Proposal Writer to work out of their Chesapeake, VA office. The Technical Proposal Writer is responsible for researching and documenting information, and drafting clear, concise, accurate, and persuasive responses to Government Solicitations that result in awards to Prism Maritime. The ideal candidate will exhibit strong writing skills to ensure consistency and clarity to meet client needs. Conduct interviews with technical and management SMEs, program leaders, and key personnel, will create writing strategies, and work with graphic designers to further develop proposal content. Serves in other proposal writing roles including weaving text from different writers, writing proposal sections (executive summary, management, strategic approaches, past performance, etc.) Possess an understanding of the Federal market and government proposals, win themes, proposal concepts, and the business development lifecycle. The TPW will be a direct report to the Strategic Planning Manager (SPM) and will support the SPM, the Business Development Manager, and Top Management Personnel (TMP) as required to support the overall objectives, business acquisition goals, and long-range goals of the organization.
Prism Maritime is an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. U.S. citizenship is required for most positions.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment with us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 757-460-8800.
To Apply: Visit www.prismmaritime.com and click on Careers>Job Openings
All applications are active for 90 calendar days. After 90 days you must re-apply to still be considered for this position.
Category: Technical Writer
NOTE: The following description is a GENERAL Overview of this career and not a description of a particular job posting.
The primary role of the Technical Writer is to produce quality project reports through writing, editing, composition, and format preparation of large amounts of complex data to achieve clear and readable technical reports. These reports are typically generated during field operations or in support of engineering tasks. The writing of operational reports shall be proactive as the operation is performed. The technical writer will create drawings, capture and arrange photographs, generate QA forms, and perform numerous other duties.
• An Associate degree in a discipline associated with technical report generation from an accredited college or university.
• Minimum of five years of experience in technical report preparation. Three years of this experience shall be with salvage, diving, ocean engineering, or related matters. Two additional years of experience may be substituted for the educational requirement.
• Excellent communications skills.
• Skilled in the use of computers and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must be able to obtain authorization to operate company vehicles.
• Must be able to obtain a U.S. Government clearance.
• Work is normally performed in a typical office/warehouse work environment but may be performed in an off shore environment.
• Limited to moderate physical effort required.
• Limited to moderate exposure to physical risk.
• Must be able and willing, to travel worldwide, on short notice for indefinite periods of time.