Senior Accountant will be responsible for performing the duties outlined below for AIT and Surge Force.
Level of Education:
· Some college required, degree preferred
Job Category: Accounting
Job Title: Senior Accountant
· Able to complete all the jobs functions of the Accountant Specialist.
· Responsible for maintaining the general ledger, by performing monthly account reconciliations to include credit card and bank account reconciliations, to ensure accurate reporting.
· Completes bank reconciliation entries daily and weekly.
· Reconciles all Balance Sheet accounts.
· Creates and maintains schedules for all Fixed Assets, Prepaid Expenses, and Accrued Expenses.
· Researches and troubleshoots any issues related to AP, AR and Payroll as needed.
· Reviews and correct AP vouchers as required.
· Serves as a back-up to generate and submit invoices to customers; tracking status with high level of accuracy.
· Performs complex financial analysis for all active projects; closely interacting with Purchasing, Production and the Cost Analyst, to reconcile project spend and open commitments.
· Responsible for contract close out meetings with Management.
· Weekly agenda for finance meetings per job.
· Assist CFO with year-end CPA review, DCAA audits and other miscellaneous duties as needed.
· Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
Qualified applicants must be able to work aboard ships, climbing, bending, and working in confined spaces. Must be a U.S. citizen and be eligible for a government security clearance. Drug testing required before hiring.