Position Title: Project Coordinator III
Work Location: Chesapeake, VA
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Summary of duties – Prism Maritime, LLC is currently seeking a Project Coordinator III to work out of their Chesapeake, VA office. This position provides independent technical support for planning, coordination, integration, review, and reporting in direct support of complex and strategic activities for program, project, or organization. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, interacting with senior levels of program or project management and stakeholders to develop and analyze program/project management status reports; preparing/presenting project level presentations for internal and external use; facilitating communication flow across program, project, and/or organizational interfaces; tracking government products and deliverables; tracking all program, project, and/or organizational actions to maintain status and ensure on-time closure; and maintaining program-, project-, and organization-wide support documents.
Specific description of duties
Specific description of duties –
• Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills
• Ability to work on tight deadlines
• Proven work experience as a Project Coordinator or similar role
• Plan and coordinate project scheduling, budgeting, and administrative tasks
• Support the project staff by facilitating project logistics such as meetings, conference calls; prepare meeting minutes and describe action items; perform follow-up; and assist in presentation development
• Ensure compliance with all organization requirements
• Create, maintain and distribute project plans
• Provide guidance to project team, track & report project progress
• Possess skills (or be proficient) in various MS products; Excel & Project (use of Pivot tables)
• Plan & schedule resources for project tasks
• develop, administer, monitor Project resource funding (budget) and execution (of the funding)
• Preparing and facilitating technical communication
• Documentation management
• Perform any other assignments or tasks as needed or requested by the project managers to assist in accomplishing the various installations.
Additional Skills and Duties
•Prepares, analyzes and evaluates subcontractor bid and proposal data to ensure they are compliant with company policy, program requirements and department operating procedures.
• Compiles Statement of Work (SOW) for use during bid and award phases. Analyze subcontractor invoices to ensure compliance with CDRL requirements and purchase order compliance.
• Familiar working with government organizations (NAVWAR, NAVSEA and/or NAVAIR) in AIT/C4I installations
• Familiar with Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) or Plan of Actions & Milestones (POA&M)
• Must be proficient in Earned Value Management (EVM).
• Familiar with NAVSEA 9090.310 and Standard Items a plus
• Project Coordinators will typically work in an office setting, however, may be assigned temporarily to work at off-site locations including Naval bases, shipyards, other contractor, or other Navy facilities.
• Travel up to 50% outside the local area may be required.
• Possession of an active State Driver’s License is required.
• CostPoint experience preferred.
• Minimum Educational Requirements include bachelor’s degree in applicable field and 3-5 years of applicable experience or in lieu of degree, 8 years of related experience.
• Training and/or Certification in Project Coordination or PMP, Kaizen, Lean Six Sigma or other project related focus are highly desired. Must have MS Office skills. MS Project is desired.
• Familiar working with government organizations (NAVWAR, NAVSEA and/or NAVAIR) in AIT/C4I shipboard installations
• Familiar with Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) or Plan of Actions & Milestones (POA&M) using Microsoft Project for updating tasking IAW EVM reporting guidelines
• Familiar with NAVSEA 9090.310 and Standard Items for Shipboard Installations
• Experienced with tasking fundamentals and tools for task tracking
• Experience using security classification guides a plus.
Certifications/Licenses (as required for the task being performed)
• Diploma required for listed formal education.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) designation desired, but not required.
• Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
• Be able to access all US Military facilities, Homeland Security facilities and private shipyards.
Physical/Environmental Job Requirements
• Physical requirements may include the following:
May require lifting up to 25 pounds.
Prism Maritime, LLC is a premier maritime service provider for Alteration Installation Team (AIT) and Modernization related Services in support of US Maritime and Shore-based clients. Prism Maritime is a privately held business headquartered in Chesapeake, VA, with offices in San Diego and Ventura, CA. Established in 2006, Prism Maritime currently employs over 250 professionals and maintains an ISO 9001-2015 certified Quality Management System.
Prism Maritime is an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. U.S. citizenship is required for most positions.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment with us, please email email@example.com or call: 757-460-8800.
To Apply: Visit www.prismmaritime.com and click on Careers>Job Openings
All applications are active for 90 calendar days. After 90 days you must re-apply to still be considered for this position.