Electrician Mastertradesperson 4 - 4337
Location: Newport News, VA, US, 23607
Company: HII's TSD
Who We Are
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Fleet Support Sustainment Division (FSS). As an experience Electrician at HII you will provide task support by troubleshooting motor control and control circuits at the Newport News Shipyard!
What You Will Do
• Master understanding of production and processes.
• Responsible for interfacing with customers, managing subcontractors and ability to provide work direction to others.
• May provide direction and lead others.
• May manage one or more multiple jobs. Completes comprehension of specialty trades functions and tools.
• Performs a variety of complicated and non-routine tasks.
• Develops and uses technical documents including controlled work packages, formal work processes and procedures, test documents, reports and task or trip reports.
• Schedules, reports and briefs customers and senior management.
• May perform quality inspections on finished product.
• Performs duties outside of specialty in order to complete installation or work assignment.
What You Must Have
• High School education, or Trade School or equivalent, and 6 years of related experience.
• Prefer technical/professional certifications. Must provide own hand tools as designated per trades specialty.
• Must be able to read and understand the use of precision measuring tools.
• Must be able to interpret schematics, blueprints and drawings.
• Must be able to identify system and component location based on ships structure.
• Must be proficient in the use of meters and test equipment.
• Must have troubleshooting experience in motor controllers and control circuits
• Experience in identifying system and components based on ship structure
• Experience working in motor control and control circuits
Must be able to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes. The exact weight requirements will be determined by the specific job, but no less than 30 lbs. Able to work on and climb ladders, work in extreme temperature environments, aboard ships, in shipyards, under industrial conditions and in confined spaces. Able to perform other duties as required which may involve high heat, humidity, noise and dirty conditions, working aloft or over the sides of vessels. May ride ships at sea for extended periods. May require wearing a respirator. Travel may be required within and outside of the continental United States.
Building on a legacy of more than a century of naval shipbuilding, Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries provides mission-critical solutions to a wide variety of government and commercial customers worldwide. Comprising nearly 6,000 professionals in 45 states and 16 countries, our unique national security services portfolio includes unmanned systems, defense and federal solutions, and nuclear and environmental services. For more information, visit tsd.huntingtoningalls.com.
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division supports national security missions around the globe with unmanned systems, nuclear and environmental services, and defense and federal solutions. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs more than 42,000 people operating both domestically and internationally. For more information, visit: www.huntingtoningalls.com.
A new Federal Executive Order requires that employees of Federal contractors and subcontractors be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Accordingly, as a condition of employment with Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries, employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption prior to starting employment.
Huntington Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.
Category: Master Tradesperson
Applies comprehensive understanding of production and processes toward completion of assignments. Responsible for interfacing with customers, managing subcontractors and ability to provide work direction to others. Performs a variety of complicated and non-routine tasks. Develops and uses technical documents including controlled work packages, formal work processes and procedures, test documents, reports and task or trip reports. Schedules, reports and briefs customers and senior management. Performs duties outside of specialty in order to complete installation or work assignment.
High School Diploma/GED
HS education or Trade School + 4 years of related experience. Prefer technical/professional certifications. Must provide own hand tools as designated per trades specialty.