Pipe Fitter Mastertradesperson 4
Location: Newport News, VA, US, 23607
Company: HII's TSD
Who We Are
We have a great opportunity to join our growing team at Huntington Ingalls Technical Solutions at the Newport News Shipyard! The selected candidate will be responsible for interfacing with customers, manage subcontractors, and perform a variety of complicated and non-routine tasks.
What You Will Do
• Master understanding of production and processes.
• Responsible for interfacing with customers, managing subcontractors and ability to provide work direction to others.
• May provide direction and lead others.
• May manage one or more multiple jobs.
• Completes comprehension of specialty trades functions and tools.
• Performs a variety of complicated and non-routine tasks.
• Develops and uses technical documents including controlled work packages, formal work processes and procedures, test documents, reports and task or trip reports.
• Schedules, reports and briefs customers and senior management.
• May perform quality inspections on finished product. Performs duties outside of specialty in order to complete installation or work assignment.
What You Must Have
• Must have High School education, or Trade School or equivalent, and 6 years of related experience.
• Must have experience in Inspecting electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects and the need for adjustment or repair on shipboard systems.
• Must have ability to read and understand technical drawings, manuals, blueprints and/or schematics to ensure compliance with naval drawings and technical manuals and to determine the location of wiring and equipment to ensure conformance to system integrity and safety of personnel and equipment.
• Must have experienced with electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of systems on marine vessels.
• Must be able to plan work involving layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications, drawings and applicable documents.
• Must be able to train sailors in troubleshooting and repair of electrical equipment onboard naval vessels.
• Must be able to obtain/maintain base access credentials to access work location.
• Must provide own hand tools as designated per trades specialty.
Bonus Points For Having!
Candidates with related technical/professional certifications preferred.
Must be able to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes. The exact weight requirements will be determined by the specific job, but no less than 30 lbs. Able to work on and climb ladders, work in extreme temperature environments, aboard ships, in shipyards, under industrial conditions and in confined spaces. Able to perform other duties as required which may involve high heat, humidity, noise and dirty conditions, working aloft or over the sides of vessels. May ride ships at sea for extended periods. May require wearing a respirator. Travel may be required within and outside of the continental United States.
Building on a legacy of more than a century of naval shipbuilding, Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries provides mission-critical solutions to a wide variety of government and commercial customers worldwide. Comprising nearly 6,000 professionals in 45 states and 16 countries, our unique national security services portfolio includes unmanned systems, defense and federal solutions, and nuclear and environmental services. For more information, visit tsd.huntingtoningalls.com.
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division supports national security missions around the globe with unmanned systems, nuclear and environmental services, and defense and federal solutions. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs more than 42,000 people operating both domestically and internationally. For more information, visit: www.huntingtoningalls.com.
A new Federal Executive Order requires that employees of Federal contractors and subcontractors be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Accordingly, as a condition of employment with Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries, employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption prior to starting employment.
Huntington Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.
Category: Master Tradesperson
Applies comprehensive understanding of production and processes toward completion of assignments. Responsible for interfacing with customers, managing subcontractors and ability to provide work direction to others. Performs a variety of complicated and non-routine tasks. Develops and uses technical documents including controlled work packages, formal work processes and procedures, test documents, reports and task or trip reports. Schedules, reports and briefs customers and senior management. Performs duties outside of specialty in order to complete installation or work assignment.
High School Diploma/GED
HS education or Trade School + 4 years of related experience. Prefer technical/professional certifications. Must provide own hand tools as designated per trades specialty.