Electrician Mastertradesperson 3 - 4237
Location: Newport News, VA, US, 23607
Company: HII's TSD
Who We Are
Join our RCOH team whose accomplishments make a positive impact supporting the U.S. Navy and national defense! We are seeking shipboard alteration installers for fleet modernization. The selected candidate will be supporting our Elevator Support Unit working on Aircraft Carriers installing, repairing, and troubleshooting electrical distribution systems and/or various types of cables and connectors to assist with alterations and installations for fleet modernization. Selected candidate will be working at HII’s Newport News Shipyard with minimal travel requirements.
What You Will Do
• Perform moderately complex technical functions in support of engineering activities such as set up, operation, maintenance, modification, circuit testing, calibration and troubleshooting of electronic or electro-mechanical components and systems, experimental design circuitry, prototype models or specialized test equipment.
• Work from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal instructions.
• Conduct engineering tests to collect design data or assist in general research work.
• Diagnose and isolate malfunctions and make necessary repairs.
• Assist in the development of electronic equipment.
• Repair or modify cables and equipment returned by operational users or by personnel in the associated test and development laboratories.
• Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
• Participate in special projects as required.
What You Must Have
• Must have High School education/equivalent, and 4 years of related experience.
• Must have marine electrician experience for installing, repairing, and troubleshooting electrical distribution systems and/or various types of cables and connectors on marine vessels.
• Must be able to work from schematics, diagrams, blueprints, written and verbal instructions.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret Clearance.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a DBIDS/CAC badge for base access/credentials.
• Must provide own hand tools as designated per trades specialty.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen.
Bonus Points For Having!
• Candidates who are currently enrolled or have graduated from and/or completed a vocational school or skilled trade’s certificate program are preferred.
• Applicants with marine electrician journeyman certification is preferred.
• NAVSEA STD 009-073 Multi-pin Copper Certification is a plus.
• NAVSEA STD 009-123 Fiber Optic certification is a plus.
• Prior AIT or active duty experience on current active class aircraft carriers is preferred.
Must be able to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes. The exact weight requirements will be determined by the specific job, but no less than 30 lbs. Able to work on and climb ladders, work in extreme temperature environments, aboard ships, in shipyards, under industrial conditions and in confined spaces. Able to perform other duties as required which may involve high heat, humidity, noise and dirty conditions, working aloft or over the sides of vessels. May ride ships at sea for extended periods. May require wearing a respirator. Travel may be required within and outside of the continental United States.
Building on a legacy of more than a century of naval shipbuilding, Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries provides mission-critical solutions to a wide variety of government and commercial customers worldwide. Comprising nearly 6,000 professionals in 45 states and 16 countries, our unique national security services portfolio includes unmanned systems, defense and federal solutions, and nuclear and environmental services. For more information, visit tsd.huntingtoningalls.com.
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division supports national security missions around the globe with unmanned systems, nuclear and environmental services, and defense and federal solutions. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs more than 42,000 people operating both domestically and internationally. For more information, visit: www.huntingtoningalls.com.
A new Federal Executive Order requires that employees of Federal contractors and subcontractors be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Accordingly, as a condition of employment with Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries, employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption prior to starting employment.
Huntington Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.
Category: Master Tradesperson
Applies comprehensive understanding of production and processes toward completion of assignments. Responsible for interfacing with customers, managing subcontractors and ability to provide work direction to others. Performs a variety of complicated and non-routine tasks. Develops and uses technical documents including controlled work packages, formal work processes and procedures, test documents, reports and task or trip reports. Schedules, reports and briefs customers and senior management. Performs duties outside of specialty in order to complete installation or work assignment.
High School Diploma/GED
HS education or Trade School + 4 years of related experience. Prefer technical/professional certifications. Must provide own hand tools as designated per trades specialty.