Prod Plng And Scheduler 3 - 4391
Location: Newport News, VA, US, 23607
Company: HII's TSD
Who We Are - Come join HII! Where hard stuff is done right!
We have an exciting opportunity to join our growing team! As a Production Planning and Scheduler at HII you will provide task support by gathering, analyzing, and interpreting data from system components for the RCOH department located at the Newport News Shipyard!
What You Will Do
• Very strong communication skills (written and verbal)
• Strong time management skills
• Very experienced with Microsoft Office
• Excel – advanced knowledge of formatting, formula’s, and conditional formatting, capable of creating and modifying worksheets
• Word – advanced formatting knowledge, capable of developing new forms to meet requirements
• PowerPoint – some experience
• Team player
• Capable of critical thinking
• Strong attention to detail
• Capable of prioritizing tasks and reprioritizing as additional tasks appear
What You Must Have
• 6 years relevant experience with Bachelors in related field; 4 years relevant experience with Masters in related field; or High School Diploma or equivalent and 10 years relevant experience.
• Basic IT experience
• Knowledge of shipyards and/or navy, particularly of carriers
Bonus Points For Having!
• Experience in IT
• Experience working in excel
• Great communication and organization skills
May require working in an office, industrial, shipboard, or laboratory environment. Capable of climbing ladders and tolerating confined spaces and extreme temperature variances.
Building on a legacy of more than a century of naval shipbuilding, Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries provides mission-critical solutions to a wide variety of government and commercial customers worldwide. Comprising nearly 6,000 professionals in 45 states and 16 countries, our unique national security services portfolio includes unmanned systems, defense and federal solutions, and nuclear and environmental services. For more information, visit tsd.huntingtoningalls.com.
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division supports national security missions around the globe with unmanned systems, nuclear and environmental services, and defense and federal solutions. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs more than 42,000 people operating both domestically and internationally. For more information, visit: www.huntingtoningalls.com.
A new Federal Executive Order requires that employees of Federal contractors and subcontractors be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Accordingly, as a condition of employment with Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries, employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption prior to starting employment.
Huntington Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.