Electrical/Electronic Tech Subject Matter Expert
Location: Virginia Beach, VA, US, 23462
Company: HII's TSD
Who We Are
Seeking shipboard alteration installer Electrical/Electronic Subject Matter Experts (Supervisors) for fleet modernization. The selected candidate will be supporting our Systems Integrations department working on active class submarines, surface ships, and shore based communication facilities using various electrical/electronic tools to install, upgrade and remove electrical/electronic equipment to assist with alterations and installations for fleet modernization on various contracts such as Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Naval Information Warfare Systems Command and Naval Surface Warfare Center. Duties will include: Install, maintain, repair, overhaul, troubleshoot, modify, construct and test various types of electrical and/or electronic equipment and related devices. Apply technical knowledge of electrical/electronic principles in order to put equipment in operational condition and solve complex problems. Make recommendations for improvements or modifications to correct problems. Provide operation/maintenance instruction to customer personnel. Assist engineering staff in determining and solving equipment design problems. Perform preventative maintenance. May provide work leadership to less-experienced technicians. Perform a variety of general manual labor tasks including, but not limited to, lifting and moving materials, loading and unloading vehicles, digging and refilling holes, and other activities in a helping or assisting mode. May perform simple repairs on machinery or minor repairs to buildings. Transports materials, tools, and equipment to and within work sites as required. Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned. Participate in special projects as required. Selected candidate will be required to travel to shipyards and military bases located around or out of the country when not assigned to a local task. Per diem available based on location when on travel, travel and lodging expenses are covered by the company.
What You Will Do
Considered subject matter expert in technical specialty. May work directly with customer or customer representatives, attend meetings and deploy for special projects. Ability to manage, oversee, schedule and assign tasks to one or more multiple jobs. Installs, operates, maintains, repairs and modifies equipment. Performs a variety of maintenance and technical support on products such as equipment, integrated systems and subsystems, and software at customer and/or field locations. Analyzes and evaluates products and related performance. Troubleshoots and diagnoses malfunctions to eliminate problem in minimum time. Installs, upgrades and removes products ensuring coordinative engineering field change. Maintains effective customer communications and relations. May provide onsite training of customer support personnel.
What You Must Have
• Must have an active DOD Secret clearance.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a DBIDS/CAC badge.
• Must have familiarity with NAVSEA approved Quality Assurance Programs.
• Must have submarine or shipboard Power Lead capabilities and/or Data Lead capabilities to assist with the LMA and government representative during major ship availabilities.
• Must be able to de-conflict power and/or data distribution related issues to achieve incremental milestones.
• Must have experience interfacing with WAF and Test Engineer coordinators on power requirements on board U.S. Naval Ships.
• Must have a H.S. Diploma or T. school or equivalent (GED) and a minimum of eight years prior experience leading shipboard electrical and/or installation/maintenance teams.
• Must provide own hand tools as designated per trades specialty.
• Electronic Data Subject Matter Expert candidates must have experience overseeing installation and fabrication of cable/connectors IAW NAVSEA STD 009-123 Fiber Optic and NAVSEA STD 009-073 Multi-pin Copper.
• Must be fully COVID-19 immunized.
• Graduate of electricians mate (EM) or electronic technician (ET) “C” school is preferred.
• Prior AIT or active duty experience on current active class submarines is preferred.
• Electronic Data Subject Matter Expert candidates with NAVSEA STD 009-123 Fiber Optic and NAVSEA STD 009-073 Multi-pin Copper Certifications are preferred.
• Candidates possessing a current U.S. Travel passport are preferred
Must be able to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes. The exact weight requirements will be determined by the specific job, but no less than 30 lbs. Able to work on and climb ladders, work in extreme temperature environments, aboard ships, in shipyards, under industrial conditions and in confined spaces. Able to perform other duties as required which may involve high heat, humidity, noise and dirty conditions, working aloft or over the sides of vessels. May ride ships at sea for extended periods. May require wearing a respirator. Travel may be required within and outside of the continental United States.
Building on a legacy of more than a century of naval shipbuilding, Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries provides mission-critical solutions to a wide variety of government and commercial customers worldwide. Comprising nearly 6,000 professionals in 45 states and 16 countries, our unique national security services portfolio includes unmanned systems, defense and federal solutions, and nuclear and environmental services. For more information, visit tsd.huntingtoningalls.com.
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division supports national security missions around the globe with unmanned systems, nuclear and environmental services, and defense and federal solutions. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs more than 42,000 people operating both domestically and internationally. For more information, visit: www.huntingtoningalls.com.
A new Federal Executive Order requires that employees of Federal contractors and subcontractors be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Accordingly, as a condition of employment with Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries, employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption prior to starting employment.
Huntington Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.