Position Title: Project Manager II
Work Location: Chesapeake, VA
FLSA Status: Full-Time, May be Exempt
Summary of duties — The Project Manager is responsible for managing task orders or projects. Assignments typically include oversight of one or more installation projects, although a Project Manager may be assigned to a more general role. A Project Manager’s direct reports typically includes assigned team lead(s) and associated technical workforce. A Project Manager reports to the contract Program Manager and is responsible for all management requirements of tasks as assigned; including but not limited to developing and maintaining contract deliverables, internal and external reporting, and subcontractor activities. A Project Manager must have the ability to manage scope change effectively and in real-time, (daily). Change Order or scope change management requires the Project Manager to possess expert level technical familiarity of tasking assigned, as well as the ability to write expressive narratives describing change, delay, and design variance. A Project Manager must be competent with the technical work-scope, to facilitate effective (written and verbal) communication with field personnel, US Navy staff, and Government representatives. A Project Manager is responsible for monitoring daily production and evaluating cost and schedule performance. A Project Manager is responsible for coordinating and verifying consistent project support from all other Prism business areas, i.e., procurement, warehousing, QA, security, etc.
Specific description of duties:
• Must be knowledgeable with Technical Standard 9090-310 (series) and the ability to apply it consistently
• Must have strong NAVSEA drawing interpretation skills and be capable of utilizing SID packages to estimate, plan and monitor project status
• Track project budgets with an emphasis on weekly expenditures per clin and estimates at completion
• Responsible for all project subcontracting and vendor support requirements, including worksite performance and purchase order management
• Must demonstrate consistent judgement and communication skills, i.e., responsiveness to phone calls and email, elevating issues as required, addressing CAR/PAR requirements, and reporting (internal and external)
• Schedules and hosts any variety of telephone or net meetings, internal and external
• Participates in company training program
• Enforces Quality Management System
• Ensures travel requests, expense reports, per diem payments, and timesheets of installation personnel are processed timely and accurately
• Travel outside the local area may be required
• Possession of an active State Driver’s License is required
• Perform any other assignments or tasks as needed or requested by management to assist in accomplishing the organization’s mission, objectives, and goals
Additional skills and duties –
Must have comprehensive familiarity with NAVSEA drawings, including the ability to evaluate ongoing installation projects, estimate work-scope, and support the development of technical documentation, e.g., LARs, Change Order (Condition Reports/ CORNs), proposal narratives, PowerPoint in-briefs
Conclusive ability to interpret the workflow process of shipboard maintenance availabilities in order to manage RMMCO, WAF, CSMC, Aloft, and pier service requirements
• High School diploma or GED mandatory
• Six years’ experience in maritime Navy Combat Systems/C5ISR project planning or project management
• Conclusive ability to interpret NAVSEA drawings and technical work-scope
• Conclusive ability to identify, quantify, and report scope change
• Conclusive ability to track scope progress, costs, and schedule
Clearance level up to SECRET level may be required.
Physical requirements may include the following:
• Ability to visit any shipboard location where Prism work-scope is performed, including 010-level compartments, masts platforms, and controlled access areas
Lifting/moving up to and including 50 pounds
Routinely climbing several flights of stairs
Performing tasks in confined spaces
Our work is primarily onboard naval vessels that may include variables of physical activity, i.e. stooping, climbing, walking, etc.
In performing these duties, you may be required to work outdoors. You will experience temperature variations, extremely loud noises and other physical hazards.
Prism Maritime, LLC is a premier maritime service provider for Alteration Installation Team (AIT) and Modernization related Services in support of US Maritime and Shore-based clients. Prism Maritime is a privately held business headquartered in Chesapeake, VA, with offices in San Diego and Ventura, CA. Established in 2006, Prism Maritime currently employs over 250 professionals and maintains an ISO 9001-2015 certified Quality Management System.
Prism Maritime is an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. U.S. citizenship is required for most positions.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment with us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 757-460-8800.
To Apply: Visit www.prismmaritime.com and click on Careers>Job Openings
All applications are active for 90 calendar days. After 90 days you must re-apply to still be considered for this position.