Test Engineer (Engineering Technician 3) - 7981
Location: Newport News, VA, US, 23607
Company: HII's Mission Technologies division
Requisition Number: 7981
Required Travel: 0 - 10%
Employment Type: Full Time/Hourly/Non-Exempt
Hours Per Week: 40
Security Clearance: Secret
Level of Experience: Mid
Who We Are
At HII we build and maintain U.S. Navy readiness. Mission Technologies, a division of HII has an exciting opportunity to join our Carrier New Construction Non Propulsion Engineering Test Department at the Newport News Shipyard! The selected candidate will support the Test Engineering Department by providing support in the areas of video, closed circuit television systems, and interior communication systems for the new construction on the Ford Class Carriers! This position is located at the Newport News Shipyard in Newport News, VA and the working hours are 6:00AM - 2:30PM Monday - Friday.
What You Will Do
- Provides technical support to engineers on a variety of technical tasks.
- Gathers, maintains, formats, compiles, and manipulates technical data, such as laboratory or material test results and engineering design changes.
- Produces engineering documentation, reports, drawings (flow charts, block diagrams, and schematics).
- Performs detailed mathematical calculations using established formulas; preliminary analyses of data where guidelines are provided in such areas as trajectory adequacy, model dimensional consistency; and quantitative judgments concerning technical data.
- Uses personal computer in performance of analyses and development of documentation/reports.
- May conduct tests and record data to assist with engineering evaluation or analysis.
What You Must Have
- AA or other 2 year technical degree in related discipline and 3 years of related experience, or HS + 5 years related (DoD/USN) experience.
- Prior Military Experience in Voice Communication and Closed Circuit Television Systems
- Able to Maintain a SECRET Security Clearance
Bonus Points For Having!
- Prior Experience with Low Voltage Systems a plus.
- Prior experience with Alarm Systems and Indicators and associated circuitry a plus
Job performance requires adequate visual acuity and manual dexterity for meeting the requirements of the job. A waterfront office work environment is normally encountered.
This opportunity resides with Fleet Sustainment, a business group within HII’s Mission Technologies division. For 40 years, the U.S. Navy has entrusted HII to maintain and modernize the vast majority of its fleet. From small watercraft to submarines, combatants and aircraft carriers, our systems and maintenance experts help the Navy maintain a high state of readiness. And, we deploy with the most advanced technology and capability available.
HII is a global engineering and defense technologies provider. With a 135-year history of trusted partnerships in advancing U.S. national security, HII delivers critical capabilities ranging from the most powerful and survivable naval ships ever built, to unmanned systems, ISR and AI/ML analytics. HII leads the industry in mission-driven solutions that support and enable a networked, all-domain force. Headquartered in Virginia, HII’s skilled workforce is 44,000 strong. For more information, please visit: hii.com.
HII is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.