Nuclear Test Manager - 8247
Location: Newport News, VA, US, 23607
Company: HII's Mission Technologies division
Requisition Number: 8247
Required Travel: 0 - 10%
Employment Type: Full Time/Salaried/Exempt
Hours Per Week: 40
Security Clearance: Confidential
Level of Experience: Mid
Who We Are
At HII we build and maintain U.S. Navy readiness every day. Mission Technologies, a division of HII is currently seeking a Manager Production Planning Scheduler 1 candidate for the Newport News Direct Support in Newport News, VA. The selected candidate will interface primarily with the CVN RCOH E84 Nuclear Test Departments across Newport News Shipbuilding to coordinate, plan and develop both new and existing business lines for HII Mission Technologies.
What You Will Do
- Plans, prepares, issues and controls production schedules and coordinates with material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements.
- Advises management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials and services are provided as needed.
- Schedules equipment and personnel, confirms material supply and demands, prepares work orders or purchase requests for the production or purchase of components or parts based on a master production schedule, shop load and inventory requirements.
- Coordinates interdepartmental activity with quality assurance, manufacturing, purchasing, engineering, inventory control, traffic, etc.; schedules and expedites the movement of parts by means of move orders, stock transfers and requests for shipping orders.
What You Must Have
- 4 years relevant progressive experience with Bachelors in related field; 2 years relevant progressive experience with Masters in related field; or High School Diploma or equivalent and 8 years relevant progressive experience.
- Must be qualified Nuclear Basic Test Engineer Qualification.
- Must be qualified A4W Electrical Test Engineer Qualification
- Prior nuclear experience is required
- Must have experience working on a Nimitz Class Nuclear powered Aircraft Carrier in the realm of Nuclear Electrical / Mechanical Testing.
- Prior experience working in a shipyard is a plus.
Bonus Points For Having!
- Prefer previous experience in a supervisory role, to include performance evaluations.
- NNS Article 106.5b Limited Radiation Worker qualification or be undergoing requalification.
May be required to visit job site in an industrial or shipboard environment. Normally not required to lift more than 40 pounds higher than three feet above feet/floor level.
This opportunity resides with Fleet Sustainment, a business group within HII’s Mission Technologies division. For 40 years, the U.S. Navy has entrusted HII to maintain and modernize the vast majority of its fleet. From small watercraft to submarines, combatants and aircraft carriers, our systems and maintenance experts help the Navy maintain a high state of readiness. And, we deploy with the most advanced technology and capability available.
HII is a global engineering and defense technologies provider. With a 135-year history of trusted partnerships in advancing U.S. national security, HII delivers critical capabilities ranging from the most powerful and survivable naval ships ever built, to unmanned systems, ISR and AI/ML analytics. HII leads the industry in mission-driven solutions that support and enable a networked, all-domain force. Headquartered in Virginia, HII’s skilled workforce is 44,000 strong. For more information, please visit: hii.com.
HII is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.