AC&R Tech (Mastertradesperson 3) - 8266
Location: Norfolk, VA, US, 23511
Company: HII's Mission Technologies division
Requisition Number: 8266
Required Travel: 0 - 10%
Employment Type: Full Time/Hourly/Non-Exempt
Hours Per Week: 40
Security Clearance: Ability to Obtain
Level of Experience: Mid
*Must have a Defense Biometric Identification System (DBIDS) Badge or Common Access Card (CAC) to start.*
**$2,000 Sign on bonus available for candidates that possess a EPA Universal Refrigerant Certification.**
This position proactively supports the US Navy Commander, Naval Air Force, US Atlantic Fleet’s (COMNAVAIRLANT) Carrier Engineering Maintenance Assist Team (CEMAT) Project, for shipboard Auxiliary Engineering Equipment including Air Conditioning and Refrigeration, Pumps, Water Heaters, Solid Waste Processing Equipment and HP / LP Air Compressors. Duties will include training and mentoring junior personnel (coworkers and customers - ships force personnel) in techniques and processes used to assess, troubleshoot, maintain, repair, and operate systems and equipment while simultaneously performing hands on maintenance and repairs.
What you will do
- Applies comprehensive understanding of production and processes toward completion of assignments.
- Responsible for interfacing with customers, managing subcontractors and ability to provide work direction to others.
- Performs a variety of complicated and non routine tasks.
- Develops and uses technical documents including controlled work packages, formal work processes and procedures, test documents, reports and task or trip reports.
- Schedules, reports and briefs customers and senior management.
- Performs duties outside of specialty in order to complete installation or work assignment.
What you must have
- Must have High School education or equivalent, and 4 years of related experience.
- Must have hands-on experience with install, test, trouble shoot and repair of mechanical systems on Air Conditioning and associated systems/equipment.
- Must have experience documenting maintenance and quality assurance data.
- Must have an EPA Universal Refrigerant Certification.
- Must have ability to train, teach and/or mentor coworkers and customer personnel in maintenance procedures and troubleshooting techniques.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings and/or technical manuals.
- Must have the ability to obtain a DoD confidential clearance and maintain the clearance throughout employment.
- Must be able to obtain base access credentials and maintain them throughout employment.
- Must be able to provide own hand tools as designated per trades specialty,
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
Preferred: Bonus points for...
- Installation, test, troubleshoot and repair experience of shipboard AC&R systems and equipment preferred.
- Experience documenting maintenance and quality assurance in U.S. Navy systems preferred.
- Possession of current or active DoD security clearance a plus.
- Formal AC&R school or course certification a plus.
Must be able to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes. The exact weight requirements will be determined by the specific job, but no less than 30 lbs. Able to work on and climb ladders, work in extreme temperature environments, aboard ships, in shipyards, under industrial conditions and in confined spaces. Able to perform other duties as required which may involve high heat, humidity, noise and dirty conditions, working aloft or over the sides of vessels. May ride ships at sea for extended periods. May require wearing a respirator. Travel may be required within and outside of the continental United States.
This opportunity resides with Fleet Sustainment, a business group within HII’s Mission Technologies division. For 40 years, the U.S. Navy has entrusted HII to maintain and modernize the vast majority of its fleet. From small watercraft to submarines, combatants and aircraft carriers, our systems and maintenance experts help the Navy maintain a high state of readiness. And, we deploy with the most advanced technology and capability available.
HII is a global engineering and defense technologies provider. With a 135-year history of trusted partnerships in advancing U.S. national security, HII delivers critical capabilities ranging from the most powerful and survivable naval ships ever built, to unmanned systems, ISR and AI/ML analytics. HII leads the industry in mission-driven solutions that support and enable a networked, all-domain force. Headquartered in Virginia, HII’s skilled workforce is 44,000 strong. For more information, please visit: hii.com.
HII is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.
Category: Master Tradesperson
Applies comprehensive understanding of production and processes toward completion of assignments. Responsible for interfacing with customers, managing subcontractors and ability to provide work direction to others. Performs a variety of complicated and non-routine tasks. Develops and uses technical documents including controlled work packages, formal work processes and procedures, test documents, reports and task or trip reports. Schedules, reports and briefs customers and senior management. Performs duties outside of specialty in order to complete installation or work assignment.
High School Diploma/GED
HS education or Trade School + 4 years of related experience. Prefer technical/professional certifications. Must provide own hand tools as designated per trades specialty.