The estimator will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day management of the business affairs for project pricing during the bid phase. Will maintain contract files and manage RFQ efforts and amendments, submittals, budgets, schedules and purchase orders. The estimator will also be responsible for setting goals for project provisions based upon contract requirements and specification directives.
• Proposal development from Request for Quotation (RFQ) requests from customers by reviewing project specifications and drawings.
• Interact with vendors, suppliers and subcontractors for pricing efforts.
• Writing, evaluating, negotiating and executing various business development activities
• Maintaining correspondence and documentation related to contracts
• Communicating and presenting information to stakeholders regarding contracts
• Problem-solving contract-related issues
• Serve as a single point-of-contact to the customer on assigned projects.
• Assist Production Management with schedule, man-power, materials, and equipment requirements.
• Manage contract finances, if assigned
• Evaluate, understand, and make appropriate changes to processes in coordination with Executive and Operational Management to increase value to customer and shareholders.
• Must be willing to learn, understand, and promote our ESOP culture.
Must be able to effectively organize and manage multiple projects at the same time.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Display and exercise organization, innovation, initiative, and problem solving.
• Exhibit excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Reading and comprehension of project specific specifications and drawings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Extensive knowledge of blasting and coating requirements pertaining to maritime and industrial environments and willingness to constantly learn.
• Understanding of contracts, contract governance and pricing strategies.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• 5 Years Estimating or Contracts experience in an industrial or shipyard environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, logistics or engineering. Experience may be substituted for education. Shipyard apprentice graduate is acceptable.