Who we are:
Trident Maritime Systems is an ISO certified leader in the Navy, Marine, and Off-Shore markets providing innovative Electro-Mechanical, HVAC/R, Fire Suppression, and Electric Propulsion Systems. We are currently expanding our staff of professionals to support and accelerate business growth. This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a dynamic company with an excellent reputation throughout the Marine Industry. We offer a robust compensation package with competitive salary, fantastic benefits, paid time off, opportunity for growth, and much more.
Responsible for various types of weld preparation, welding, and weld finishing operations to accomplish welding IAW customer drawings, specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Proficient in assigned welding techniques.
• Interpretation of mechanical drawings, including weld requirement symbology.
• Knowledge of wire and filler material applications for various steel alloys, aluminum, and some exotic materials.
• Working knowledge of fixturing and weld set up parameters (amps, volts, etc.).
• Conventional and precision measuring instruments.
• Process inspection, certification, and documentation.
• Welding equipment maintenance.
• Finish grinding applications using manual and power tools.
• Minimum of 1 year of proven experience in welding is required and the ability to demonstrate proficiency.
• Must Pass a welding proficiency test – 110 / 18 – all positions.
• Must be able to pass eye test and workmanship qualification test.
• Must be tested and fit for respirator use.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to work well with all levels of personnel whether individually or in a team environment, and especially must be able to interface and communicate with navy personnel to assist with repairs and troubleshooting.
• Willing to work any shift and overtime as required.
• Must be highly safety conscious.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High school diploma required. Minimum of 3-5 years of proven experience in a metal working trade, is required and the ability to demonstrate high proficiency in this area.
• Two-year technical degree or accredited apprenticeship program or the equivalent work experience in the field is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Basic reading, writing and arithmetic skills are required.
• Familiarity with blueprints and drawings.
• Ability to read and interpret documents and instructions.
• Ability to take directions and follow instructions.
• Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Ability to work on beams, scaffolding, ladders, and confined spaces.
• Ability to work a variety of assignments and locations on a daily or hourly basis.
• Strong ability to be reliable, dependable, and work as a team.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. This is a progression position encompassing 5 levels: JM 1, JM 2, JM 3, JM 4, and JM 5. More complex duties and time in progression is required to move from one classification to another.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment can vary.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is sometime exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places and
• fumes or airborne particles; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.