Dante Valve is a family owned company that manufactures valves for military and industrial applications. We have been in business for over 60 years and our work is driven by our values of Quality, Responsibility and Service. We offer a competitive salary and opportunity for growth along with excellent benefits including 401(k), profit sharing plan, medical & dental, paid holidays, vacation plan and sick leave. Our employees are our most treasured asset and in addition to offering a generous compensation and benefit package, we work hard to build a culture of caring, respect and appreciation for all that they do.
The CAD Designer will enable the development, modification and optimization of the design process which in turn will provide support to our engineering department.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
• Use design software to produce 2D and/or 3D designs
• Research material properties in large databases to identify the best materials for modeling
• Address limitations of technologies and materials involved in the CAD process
• Incorporate feedback into 3D model designs
• Revise models as requested
• Run simulations and stress-tests on all 3D models before prototyping
• Education: Associate technical degree. Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
• Work History: 10+ years as a power CAD user. Experience in any industry with precision CNC machined component. Experience in manufacturing industry a plus.
• High level expertise with Inventor and 3D modeling & 2D drawings.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication.
• Proficient with use of Microsoft Office applications including Work, Excel, Outlook.
• Hydraulic and Pneumatics Product Design.
• Machine/mechanical design – Castings, Machined Components, Spring Design, Threads, O-Rings/Seals.
• Familiar with Casting Manufacturing Process.
• Material Knowledge (Steels, Stainless Steels, and Bronze/Brass).
• Protective Finishes (Zinc Plating, Nickel Plating, and/or Painting).
• Engineering change processes.
• Experience with MIL-SPECS, ANSI, ASME, ISO standards.
• Experience in Quality methods used to problem solve; Determine root cause and implement corrective actions.
• Must be able to pass a thorough background check including a drug screen.
• Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disabled/VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
• E-Verify Employer.
Job Type: Temp to Hire