Job Description: The candidate will assist in curriculum development, coordinating and conducting training for various trades in the Maritime Industry including but not limited to Hull, Mechanical and Electrical (HM&E) systems and Occupational Safety matters. Candidate will work with management to create and deliver training programs for clients in classroom, Shipboard and Training Lab environments.
Job Requirements/skill sets:
• 10 years of experience in the maritime welding industry.
• 4 years of experience in conducting classroom instruction and hands-on skills training.
• Master Training Specialist, ESWS, EOOW, HT, or equivalent is highly preferred.
• In-depth knowledge of the adult learning theory and curriculum development processes.
• Perform as an Instructor for maritime trades.
• Perform as a Subject Matter Expert.
• Develop classroom guides, conduct practical training, and give
examinations in mock-ups.
• Conduct Knowledge and Skills Assessments of shipyard trades
• Instruct students in reading, interpreting, and following blueprints,
technical drawings, process instructions, and technical manuals.
• Will be required to conduct on the job training for military and ship repair industries.
• Ability to obtain NAVSEA Weld certification.
• Job may entail meetings with customers/prospective customers to discuss training opportunities. Prior sales experience is a plus.
• Currently NAVSEA approved for fiber optics connectors preferred.
• Ability to work on and climb ladders, work in extreme temperature environments, aboard ships, in shipyards, under industrial conditions and in confined spaces.
• Ability to perform other duties as required which may involve high heat, humidity, noise and dirty conditions, working aloft or over the sides of vessels. May require wearing a respirator.
• May be exposed to fumes and irritants including welding/burning fumes, paints, oils, greases and various cleaning solutions and solvents, noise, high heat and humidity hazards while wearing the required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
• 5% CONUS yearly travel expectations. OCONUS travel possible.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen, be eligible for a government security clearance and possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Education Requirements: An Associate’s Degree or Significant work towards a Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or 10 years of relevant experience is preferred.