ABOUT THE COMPANY
Dante Valve is a family-owned company that manufactures valves for military and industrial applications. We have been in business for over 60 years and our work is driven by developing valued relationships and exceeding our customer’s expectations. We offer a competitive salary and opportunity for growth along with excellent benefits including 401(k), profit sharing plan, medical dental, vision, disability, life, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave. Our employees are our most treasured asset and in addition to offering a generous compensation and benefit package, we work hard to build a culture of caring, respect and appreciation for all that they do.
• We are Focused – on attentions to detail and on every process step – every time.
• We are Committed – to our team, to our customers and to our mission.
• We exemplify Integrity – by doing the right thing, for the right reasons, even when no one is looking.
• We are Grateful – for each other’s contributions and loyalty to our team as well as the opportunities afforded to us by our customers.
The CNC Machinist is responsible for using computer-controlled machines to fabricate parts from various materials based on blueprints and other instructions. Machine operators will conduct various test functions to ensure the product is made to specifications.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
• Operate computer numerically controlled (CNC) lathes, mills, and other equipment. Includes but not limited to inserting tools, changing tool tips, and setting zero positions.
• Ensure protocol and processes are always adhered to during operation.
• Complete routine visual and dimensional in-process inspections of CNC work product and machine to ensure proper operation and maintenance, notifying facility manager immediately of any issues or concerns during the inspection process.
• Address all machine errors promptly and efficiently, documenting and reporting errors to appropriate facility manager.
• Maintain rigid adherence to quality standards.
• Monitor production and maintain production records as needed, providing information to facility manager as needed.
• Complete manufacturing reports related to machined parts.
• Set up and operate manual lathes and mills as required
• Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow all prescribed safety procedures.
• Assist in other work areas and perform all other related duties, as needed and directed.
• Education: High school diploma or equivalent
• Work History: Minimum of 5 years of related experience.
• Technical CNC training courses preferred.
• Apprenticeship graduation preferred
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of CNC machining terms.
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
• Ability to perform basic math calculations sufficient to measure parts and perform inspections.
• Ability to work from specific verbal or written instructions and standard operating practices.
• Ability to work effectively both independently as well as part of a team.
• Assist in other work areas and perform all other related duties, as needed and directed
• Must be able to pass a thorough background check including a drug screen.
• Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disabled/VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
• E-Verify Employer.
Job Type: Full Time
Job is at our Norfolk, VA location